"White House Gift Shop" announces "Trump Defeats COVID" commemorative coin

Trump has enough musicians sending him Cease & Desist orders for using their work already, does he really want to get on the bad side of the Rolling Stones?

6 Likes

I see a black wall and I want to pull it down.

6 Likes

Vanta black?

2 Likes

78120824eaababaed93a0dd07cbd637aded990f6_1_527x500

3 Likes

It’s spelled Ivanka.

2 Likes

too late

1 Like

Trump actually used “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” at his rallies?

Isn’t he the guy whose message is “I will give you—my loyal supporters—everything you want?”

2 Likes

Wait - are you looking for consistency from this idiot?

He probably got the idea from Microsoft.

Yeah, I would expect something more along the lines of that song that Kermit’s evil doppelgänger sung in Muppets Most Wanted:

1 Like

The concept of “defeating” something by having (so far) survived it personally as it achieves record-setting strategic gains all around you is…novel.

Potentially straight into “I do not think that word means what you think it means” territory.

I read a particular take on this a day or so ago:

Trump hasn’t defeated anything, let-alone Covid. He has - thus far - managed to survive it.
Jonas Salk didn’t survive polio - he was careful enough, and lucky enough, to never catch it. He did, however, absolutely defeat it (with significant assistance from various other parties).

1 Like

You have to remember that conservatives only hear the main refrain of a song and never bother to dive into the context of the lyrics. I’m sure it was seen as an “own the libs” power move. I wouldn’t be surprised if they used something like Stairway to Heaven to appeal to the evangelicals. And it would probably work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.