White House insiders: Trump ordered Sean Spicer to lie about crowd sizes because he was "demoralized"

Apparently, “Balls to the wall” is a reference to elevators and their speed control system to.

6 Likes

Off topic: who do you suppose creates all the graphics for Lex Luthor’s evil presentations? Where do you even find a cartographer who will draw a wall-sized map of North America with dramatically reshaped coastlines without asking any awkward questions?

14 Likes

“Sucks” is apparently short for “sucks hind teat”, referring to the smallest and weakest of the litter.

3 Likes

Does the RNC run a reprographics company?

3 Likes

No chance of that: http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/trumps-epa-pick-bumbles-onto-the-national-stage/

3 Likes

Whoever did that gif deserves a prize.

1 Like

Not just his administration, he’s been using abusive tactics on all of America it seems.

Exhibit A. Trump’s frequent use of gas lighting:

3 Likes

I can’t help but think there’s a possibility that Trump’s not actually in on it.

3 Likes

And that fucking sword from the inauguration, probably with dried cake icing on it.

10 Likes

Clearly not much of a person at all.

2 Likes

I am wondering if this man has anybody he can take constructive advice from if he really comes to something he perceives as a dead end.

There may be topoi he can’t easily flip flop on.

Vladimir Harkonnen tried a similar strategy and it didn’t go well for him.

8 Likes

as @wrecksdart says absolutely this:

The guy wouldn’t know how to tie his shoelaces without help.

And this. You, US Americans and the Brexiting English share this. I blame the Puritans and their twisted ideas on Predestination.

People need to understand that to the American psyche being a ruthless and successful Property Developer is the epitome of divine destiny (very different if you fail!). Trump has even mentioned this in the interview where he spoke about his Presbyterianism and that he has never asked God for forgiveness.

He doesn’t need to because God keeps sending him signs that he is the chosen one. Last time around on 9th November last year. Found link:

To most Christians, especially Catholics this seems strange, but not to Protestants who grew up in a tradition that advocates Predestination.

As someone with an MA in American Studies and the daughter of a Calvinist Father (the inventor of Predestination. EDIT to add. Calvin, not my father :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). My first reaction to Trump’s Candidacy / Nomination / Election was:

He is the epitome of the Puritan idea of a successful life (read Nathanial Hawthorne etc).Those Americans who relate to that genocidal tradition of Imperialism will go for it! Call me Cassandra.

17 Likes

“Do I do things that are wrong? …I guess so…”

The man’s heart would physically implode if he exercised even the slightest amount of introspection. But then, he’s also been a world-class douchenozzle for much of his life, so maybe that’s by design?

4 Likes

I’ve read Red Son, I know how it turns out. It’s not bad actually, but America needs to hit rock bottom and the rest of the world needs to become state communist first.

Trump is working on the American bit

1 Like

I’m not religious anymore, but I always wondered how Trump would compare to the false prophet in Revelations.

He certainly seems to be part of a movement who are very far away from the Christianity I grew up with, even if he is not a true believer. Does Trump believe in any god other than himself?

7 Likes

A very devoutly catholic colleague of mine (who happens to be a first generation Ecuadoran immigrant) was telling us about watching the inauguration with her husband. Her husband was totally taken in by Trump holding a bible. She said she smacked him on the head and said “If there is anything religious about Trump, it is that he is the Antichrist”

24 Likes

Not so much. Though I’m interested to see this elevator speed control system you speak of.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m familiar with what Google says, snidely. That doesn’t change that I heard otherwise. Thanks for the comic book guy impersonation though.

4 Likes

Trump is far removed from any god or religion I could possibly believe in.

14 Likes