White House issues rare apology after Sarah Sanders fudges numbers on jobs for African-Americans

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/15/white-house-issues-rare-apolog.html

7 Likes

download-2

33 Likes

Why is this lie any different than the 700,000 lies that have come out of this administration? They’ve all been pretty refutable.

Is this the start of a new trend for this White House?

no. probably not.

9 Likes

I suspect this gives them something they can use when they’re caught out. “The Whitehouse lies all the time!” “NUH UH, see, when we get something wrong we correct the record!” Points to that tweet.

5 Likes

Because they actually admitted they lied about this one. That’s real news.

8 Likes

Real News!

6 Likes

I think SHS is, in a sloth-like manner (both reflecting their hilariously low speed and intelligence), finally catching on to how much trouble she might be in pretty soon. Or Trump screwed up yet another professional relationship.

Remember that she’s going to be privy to Trump’s emotional meltdowns, and he might have finally crossed the line with her at some point in the recent past, possibly cussing her out, or her hearing that he’d badmouthed her to another staff member.

Narcissists are incredibly loyal when you “feed” them, and they turn on you in a heartbeat for even the smallest offense, if it’s in one of their sensitive areas. That’s why you see so many people starting hot, hanging on for a while, but then suddenly flipping and then exiting quickly after - something hit their loyalty switch.

I think someone hit SHS’s switch, and now we’re seeing her hedge herself a bit better, but that’s going to drive Trump crazy, so he’s gonna do something that hits that switch a LOT harder… And then she’ll either quit or do something to get fired when she reacts badly to that.

4 Likes

Which part of this trend is the Trump administration claiming credit for again?

11 Likes

The white part, obviously

19 Likes

Well she did say this a day or so ago…

if at any point we felt that the president was who some of his critics claim him to be, we certainly wouldn’t be here

2 Likes

Oh, good catch!

1 Like

I wonder if she played a little jazz up there, forgetting that, within many ensembles, even jazz has its rules, tacit or otherwise.

I have to disagree here. Narcissists are never loyal to anyone. They can be incredibly pleasant and even incredibly supportive if you “feed” them… but that’s only as long as being pleasant and supportive makes them feel good about themselves. If they lose interest, watch out.

Yes. And of course, some of the things that can cause offense to a narcissist are truth and reality.

4 Likes

No they didn’t.

The mainstream media made that up.

Is it me, or does she look a bit … tired in that picture?

5 Likes

7 Likes

Oswald in the school book depository?

Nope.

3 Likes

I think it’s a good title for her, “Ms. Communication” Secretary.

1 Like

I totally get what you’re saying here, we’re just using different semantic associations for “loyal”. If you’re talking about loyalty as a positive, intrinsic trait, then absolutely.

I mean it more in the just-doesn’t-betray-you manner, but it’s in more of an addictive/compulsive way… And just like with addiction, the cost of “feeding” a narcissist keeps going up, and up, and up, until it excludes everything else. And when you can’t pay the cost anymore, shit goes sideways.

If you prefer a different terminology, narcissists are predictably controllable, as long as you know where their buttons (positive and negative) are located, and as long as you have an exit plan for when they start entering the late stage of their destructive cycle.