White supremacist Bannon removed from National Security Council

“But he rarely attended meetings”

Wasn’t his attendance supposed to be “mandatory?”

14 Likes

From Breitbat Country:

President Donald Trump’s Senior adviser Stephen K. Bannon has exited his role on President Donald Trump’s National Security Council, claiming that his mission is complete.

“Susan Rice operationalized the NSC during the last administration. I was put on to ensure that it was de-operationalized,” Bannon said in a statement to the Wall Street Journal.

I’m not sure what he said, but I think the toilet is probably out of order. “Do not go in there!”

20 Likes

My kremlinology says that Ivanka’s emplacement and Jared’s promotion to Secretary of Everything™are signs that Grump feels like he can’t trust anyone but family any more. Demoting Bananas fits that theory too.

My fingers are crossed that its all part of a slow-motion paranoia implosion.

35 Likes

That’s a pretty good description for the entire Trump administration.

24 Likes

Any idea what that is supposed to mean?

8 Likes

I think it’s supposed to convey, “Obama turned the NSC against the American People, but Trump will save you.”

evocative of the Snowden revelations, but vague enough that people can sort of project whatever they want onto it

11 Likes

Bananas loves him some big, powerful sounding words that don’t actually mean jack.

13 Likes

Also check the reappearance of the Susan Rice thing. This whole wiretapping attempt to side rail the investigation into Russian ties is insane. “the scandal isn’t the scandal, the investigation into the scandal is the scandal! How dare you take legal and appropriate steps to find out about the sketchy things we do!” Incidental Intel and appropriate unmasking is how we found out Michael Flynn purjured himself in congress and lied to federal investigators. Everyone already knows about that stuff and the illegal shit it uncovered.

36 Likes

Small enough to drown in a bathtub?

14 Likes

No idea whatsoever.

11 Likes

Save it to the gifbank. I think this one will come in handy over the next few weeks and months…

31 Likes

22 Likes
8 Likes

Update: “The shift was orchestrated by Lt. Gen. H. R. McMaster, who was tapped as national security adviser after the resignation of Michael T. Flynn.”-NYT

Could be…

7 Likes

I wonder if he was removed because he wanted to “bomb the shit” out of North Korea, or because he pointed out that might not be a good idea?

Trump recently said we’re willing to act unilaterally on North Korea and has previously discounted the risks of nuclear fallout posed by bombing North Korea’s reactors.

6 Likes

Don’t worry, he’s still Trump’s senior adviser for domestic affairs.

10 Likes

It fits Bannon’s corkscrew on Breitbart:

“General McMaster has returned the NSC to its proper function,” Bannon said in his statement. Other sources told reporters that Bannon was part of the council to monitor Flynn’s activity in the early days of the Trump administration.

4 Likes

I’m reading that as he suggests which “pussy to grab”.

5 Likes

That’s an interesting euphemism for “suggesting how to dismantle the government”

11 Likes

That photo reminds me of Baron Harkonnen, from David Lynch’s Dune

8 Likes