White supremacists march on Nashville

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/09/white-supremacists-march-on-nashville.html

16 Likes

jonah hill netflix GIF

15 Likes

54 Likes

Fuck if I’d know this was going down I’d have been there like this:

Tennessee is really a safe space for these assholes. I’ve protested at numerous previous events. Last time the cops had fucking snipers on the roof of the building the Nazis were meeting in, aiming at us

33 Likes

(excerpt) In 1936, New York congressman Nathan Perlman asked Jewish mob boss Meyer Lansky to intimidate Nazi sympathizers across the city. The mafioso even did it for free.

31 Likes

18 Likes

Looks like this was an illegal “pop up” march, no permits were acquired.

We shall see if Uhaul follows through with turning in the names of these cowards.

27 Likes

Well if history repeats itself can we simply skip right to Nuremberg II

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

8 Likes

Are permits required?

As long as they’re marching on the public sidewalks, not impeding anyone else, then they’re probably in a gray area. (Which means the cops will give them the benefit.)

If I knew they were coming, and was organizing a counter-protest, I might try this passive-aggressive tactic:

Have a lot of people lining the sidewalk that they’re marching down, then flash mob style, everyone walks out in the middle of the sidewalk and stops (check your watch, phone, look around lost, etc) in a loose formation that they could individually walk around, but not march through. Then wait.

If any of those bozos tries to shove you, grab their arm and fall (sit down), taking them with you. A few of those, and they’ll be disrupted and confused. If they get violent, well, beat the crap out them in self-defense.

14 Likes

It depends. If they’re from out of town even the cops usually don’t want them there. Local Nazis are usually given latitude, though.

Clowns from this same group were arrested when they piled into a Uhaul truck and tried to disrupt a Pride parade in Idaho a couple of years ago.

And yes, they’re idiots, but they’re being enabled by Il Douche’s campaign. Brownshirts are fools and thugs but they’re dangerous fools and thugs.

20 Likes

I think the point was surprise, so no embarrassment of being outnumbered by counter protesters aware of the march ahead of time.

Fucking cowards.

20 Likes

Sarcastic Comedy GIF by CBS

13 Likes

I think the tactic would work even with one person in their way. (I wouldn’t recommend it, unless you’re willing to take some hits.)

Those a-holes constantly drill by their playbook. I wonder how they’d react to a non-violent takedown of one of their people, who provoked the situation? If they get violent, they evaporate their gray zone, opening them to police, identification, and lawsuits. If they mill around confused, they lose their momentum and surprise. If they retreat, mission accomplished.

7 Likes
20 Likes

so many ideas for counter groups…

March along side them in a clown suits, along with a tuba band. “Benny Hill Theme,” “The Liberty Bell, aka Monty Python Theme,” “Baby Elephant Walk”

Maybe borrow a thought from the folks in Barcelona, use water guns. Filled with indelible pink ink.

6 Likes

Blues Brothers__Nazis__car drop_are we the baddies_phixr

7 Likes

Why do these “brave” folks always wear masks?

8 Likes

I could literally watch that all day.

They don’t want to catch the lib’rul virus?

Oh, no, wait…

8 Likes

You just can’t get enough?

12 Likes

Brilliant!

3 Likes