White supremacists marched in DC to "reclaim America," then got stranded in the cold

Anyone willing to offer me odds that these masked knuckle draggers universally oppose wearing a mask to protect people from Covid?

4 Likes

Yup! SMDH

1 Like

IIRC that happened with the last one, bunch of them got arrested on the way out. U-Haul made moves to prevent this on safety grounds. May have something to do with them only being able to line up one truck.

In general U-hauls have been a bit short. I just booked one for an out of state move, and there weren’t a lot of 10 foot trucks running around. Meanwhile there have been like 6 people moving into the same block I just did, including some one else in the same building.

Back in NY they actually stopped rentng pickups and smaller vans in the NYC Metro for a while. People were using them early in the pandemic as rental cars to get out to beach towns in NJ and Long Island. And my father actually booked a 10ft van for my mother to get from the Airport to my grandmother’s early on this summer, there was really no other option at the time.

So it’s a trick that’s been around for a while. Though not the “put a bunch of assholes in the back” part. Even Amazon and UPS seem to be using U-Hauls recently.

So it’s a bit of a how do you even block it or catch it sort of thing.

3 Likes

I think’s it’s most likely because they have no idea there was an Eastern Roman Empire at all. If you weren’t actually interested in history our education systems are quite happy to gloss over the whole thing.

In part that helps feed the ‘decadent elites’ were defeated by ‘noble tough guys’ mythology that still gets used all the time in our culture. Because these guys see themselves as the Fremen in this particular narrative, opposed to the homosexual lazy city elites.

4 Likes

Wow - you’re right, she isn’t a trolley!

Hugo Boss not available?

5 Likes

Oh, NOW they wear masks. :wink:

Such brave freedom fighters.

They profane the Constitution with this (unkind word).

5 Likes

The cops were too busy being in the march.

7 Likes

Depends on whether the balloon is frozen all the way through…
Just remember the Covid precautions and wipe them down with alcohol beforehand, to remove any traces… :wink:

2 Likes
5 Likes

Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.