White woman blocks black man from entering his own apartment building

Her employer…released a statement saying that it was a minority-owned company and that it had fired her after viewing the video.

I’ll tell you what, if liberal tears taste anywhere near as good as racist tears I finally get why the Trumpkins love them so much!

Edit: changed “conservative” to “racist” per @Mister44’s comment.

3 Likes

No, I like this planet;

It’s all the people intent on fucking it up irreparably who need to get off it.

29 Likes

Mmm - I’ve met many a well to do liberal who don’t consider themselves racist, but make a o_0 face when the wrong kind of people are walking around their neighborhood. Racism is pretty prevalent across the spectrum, even if it may be less in “liberals”.

13 Likes

Wipipo gonna run out of jobs if they keep this shit up.

17 Likes

Seems like Tribeca STL’s website is down, as well as their Facebook and Twitter pages look like they’ve been removed. Someone is giving them a hard time for doing the right thing?

5 Likes

Well at least she didn’t shoot him.

5 Likes

So at my youngest son’s elementary school they have a buzz in door. And the policy is of course every adult must buzz in and you are not supposed to hold the door for anyone. I have multiple times had people try and hold it for me and I say “Sorry, I need to buzz in on my own. Gotta follow the school policy for safety.”

I watched this one asshole…big white dude…walk into the office and start laying into the principal and secretary because some old man didn’t let him in. They explained why and he was indignant “It’s called being respectful and polite!! I was taught those thing…that guy was lucky he was an old man, otherwise I’d have kicked his ass and taught him what being respectful and polite to others is!!”

The irony that this 30ish yr old man was claiming that an old man didn’t know what respect and politeness was…as if his generation wasn’t taught it right and the young millennial somehow knew better…it was one of the most twisted tone deaf arguments I’d heard in quite some time.

But that’s how people like this are…they ignore reality and inject their own truth. Regardless of how fucked up it is. and I am left asking “Did you hear the words that came out of your god damn mouth?!”

19 Likes

In most buildings with a secured external door like that it is against the building rules to allow someone who isn’t your personal guest to enter without them personally unlocking the door with their own key-fob/key/pass-card. Same rules for the secured parking garages. It is a security precaution against unauthorized entry. Would this woman have taken the same stand if the guy was white? I don’t know.

PS: Please don’t interpret my statement as attempting to justify the shameful and disgusting enabling of overt racism that is being encouraged by the current administration. I’m just saying that THIS video does not necessarily demonstrate that.

4 Likes

All she had to do was back up and close the door, rather than holding it open and preventing him from using his fob again.

Of course, then her rationalization would be that he must have stolen it, because the idea that he was paying tenant was too outlandish.

18 Likes

*sigh* I guess I’m glad we’re finally talking about how white people harass black people on a daily basis. First step of recovery is admitting there is a problem.

12 Likes

I wish I knew how this video started. Did he use his key fob to enter or follow her in. Security is an issue. I’ve had people follow me into a building, and I’ve followed people into a building (when I’m in a rush), it’s always awkward.

1 Like

Agreed. Put yourself in her position, she reasonably thinks a stranger is barging into a building that she lives in. People are getting way too touchy about such unusual and socially awkward cases. There is enough blatant racism (like hearing someone get called a Jew or other racial slurs on the street) to get mad about.

2 Likes

His totally PC reply:
Toles told KMOV, “I am not mad at her. I am not upset with her. I am not going to go after her legally or anything like that. I wish her the best. I would still have a conversation with her.”

NO, you should be fucking mad. She should have to fucking pay for being an overtly racist bitch, personally and legally. You can wish her the best and have a conversation with her, that’s up to you. But for POC, asses must be kicked and examples made.

2 Likes

It’s valid to want people to buzz in. At that point, you say “Oh, I’m sure you live here, but you know we have a policy about needing to buzz in. Mind if I step out and close the door so you can buzz yourself in? Oh, and hi, I guess I must be your neighbor, I’m Helen.”

You don’t interrogate. You don’t say “Who are you visiting?” after the person has explained six times that they live there. You don’t keeping saying “my building” after the same. Those are presumptions that the person she is questioning is straight up lying to her. That’s the issue.

33 Likes

I live in such a building and it is hard to recognize everybody living there since you tend see each other infrequently and people are always moving in and out. Yes, security is one of the main benefits for some people but the dirty truth is most buildings are really not that secure (those without 24/7 on-premise guards at least).

Guarantee that spare keys have been floating around for years (or decades) so everyone from the paperboy to the UPS driver from 6 years ago still has a set. Same for garage codes and stairwell doors. I had my car pilfered the 2nd night we moved in because I stupidly thought the garage was secure and left my door unlocked.

It’s ok to be skeptical and (politely) challenge someone you don’t recognize but there’s no excuse for being a racist jerk.

28 Likes

Agree with all you say.

At least nobody got hurt and the story had a happy ending. I hope the footage haunts her for years and she never finds work again.

WELL, ACTUALLY.

Speaking as a white male with many conservative Facebook acquaintances I believe the proper way to brush this off would be: “You liberls keep saying it’s institutional racism that’s a problem but this is just a video of one crazy lady. It proves nothing. I, of course, detest racism because I don’t actually even see color and I fight it wherever I see it but this is just evidence that this woman is crazy”

This is the kind of logic I deal with on a daily basis when trying to have discussions about these sorts of things. I really like your point about the “friendly neighbor” argument, though. I could definitely see people bringing that up. Was she really trying to salvage the the conversation there at the very end or just trying to get his name? What a real fucking gem she must be…

2 Likes

That young man is amazing in his ability to avoid the trap she was laying. My urge would have soon moved from polite to overt anger. He kept his cool, sadly perhaps because he knew he could soon be a victim of her claims. It was the kind of situations that not many years ago would have ended with a lynching because he disrespected a white woman. He has nothing but my admiration for his ability to keep his cool in the face of such blatant racism. She lost her job, perhaps soon she won’t be able to afford the place and all her concerns will be resolved.

17 Likes

You do realize this racist, authoritarian government’s got its hands clasped whispering, “Please please please, oh please, step out of line, just this once, go ahead…”
Toles wants to be the better person in this incident.

9 Likes