White woman interrupted a Broadway talkback to call the playwright "racist against white people."

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/02/white-woman-interrupted-a-broa.html

8 Likes

Given her reaction to what she did see, I kinda doubt that would’ve done any good.

Like so many other folks, she clearly needs to see a doctor about her white-pattern deafness.

33 Likes

tumblr_8022e4108d8f7f7db7607eef916740a6_4fc2d09f_540

31 Likes

People like her generally read into things and interpret things how they want to, regardless if its based on reality or not. This was something that was already on her mind, and being at this show that was meant to be provocative and introspective ultimately got this person to show what was under the surface.

Congratulations to the show’s creator i’m glad to hear the show is doing what he set out to do.

25 Likes

Given the subject matter, I kinda suspect that the audience member showed up to do exactly what she did.

16 Likes

whiteopinions

22 Likes

Who does that though? Who spends money just so they can go yell at someone else about how they don’t like their art? WTF?

21 Likes

Right-wing “activists”? Weren’t there some people doing just that a while back (e.g. Laura Loomer), even getting crowdfunded to get into “liberal” cultural events to disrupt them?

15 Likes

I know there were some right-wing “journalists” doing something similar, so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if that were the case.
Also…

Also… she did a poor job handcuffing herself to the door, since it did not block anything…

Side note, there is an excellent book by Grace Hale, A Nation of Outsiders which makes an argument about how middle class white Americans have made themselves into outsiders when they are very much not. One of the chapters is about how right wing activists (especially in the pro-life/anti-choice movement) took the language and tactics of the civil rights movement to further their cause.

https://global.oup.com/academic/product/a-nation-of-outsiders-9780199314584?cc=us&lang=en&

13 Likes

rachel-dolezal-noping-out

How about being an adult and being respectful and stepping away if you’re asked? I’d suspect that most white people who came to this performance (other than this woman) were respectful of this request, because they’re not assholes and understand that not everything the universe needs to be about them, and they can let people who don’t enjoy those privileges given them by a white supremacist society some space to process history and the world that they live in… just a hunch, though. Not all of us need to be constantly policed to not be a raging asshole who constantly needs to be the center of attention like this woman.

20 Likes

People who are getting paid? That’s the conspiracy nut I’m me voicing an opinion, though.

Ok Loomer.

12 Likes

(christ, what an asshole.)
Jeeze, this has been hard to read.

9 Likes

Just imagine having no choice but to deal with this ish everyday, whether you want to or not.

23 Likes

I was surprised to discover this was not a picture of Marilyn Manson on closer inspection.

1 Like

Ouch… but I honestly do see the resemblance, at least in that one image of her.

5 Likes

The really ouch part is that I’m not even being snarky. My first response at first glance was, “Is that Manson?”

6 Likes

I’m hip; as soon as you said that I was like “oh, snap…”

I’d feel bad for her, but then again, I don’t waste my sympathy on horrible excuses for human beings…

6 Likes

Wait am I reading correctly it was meant to be a POC only night when she did this?

Reminds me of when Alamo had a single woman only showing of Wonder Woman and everyone lost their minds.

(The real hot take is the showing is bad because Wonder Woman was a mediocre movie not because it starred a woman. I did enjoy Captain Marvel however! I remember Brie pulling off being a rock star in Scott Pilgrim so it doesn’t surprise me she nailed it)

Anyways sorry for the aside, fuck that woman.

(The yeller not Wonder Woman)

Ah yes, I see it.

But in all seriousness this is a low blow against MM.

6 Likes