White woman pulls gun on black couple at campsite: "you don't belong here"

The apology is the very minimum. If I we re them I would sue both the campground and the racist and demand:

The racist be fired (check)
She be banned from being employed at ANY KOA campground
She be banned from having ANY contact with ANY KOA campground (To send the message “we’re serious about this racist sh!t. You try to pull this and we’ll fookin’ ban your @ss”)
$1M fine to go to the NAAACP
$1M fine to to the the UNCF
Then personally sue the ever living sh!t out of that racist and walk away with every single cent, every single personal possession, and for good measure, garnish her wages and SS benefit.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed that too. I wish more companies would just definitively come out against things that should be universally understood to be wrong like racism, but spinelessness goes hand in hand with protecting corporate image.

4 Likes

They don’t use the word “racism” specifically but they identify the ethnicity of the guests, make sure to refer to them as an “innocent couple” (unlike so many stories with dog whistles that imply some culpability), and state that people are welcome “regardless of all preferences or ethnic backgrounds”. So they’re not addressing it head on but they’re not avoiding the question either.

10 Likes

Making money makes the world go 'round. My guess is that they want this to go away as quickly as possible.
The less apologized for, the quicker it disappears. There’s no defense for racism. However, this KOA in the South likely caters to many people who shrug or smile at this. Bullshit? Yes. I bet their customer base in MS includes many people who don’t really care, and some who think that lady is cool.
KOA may realize that online echo chamber outrage from urban dwellers probably won’t affect their bottom line too much. Then again, maybe they’re just a little slow… Personally, I don’t waste money on pay campgrounds, especially not at their rates. Also,campground hosts generally go on power trips, KOA, Federal, or whatever.

1 Like

The employee involved was relieved of her duties by the franchise owner

But the franchise owner is her husband.

10 Likes

But you weren’t there, and I highly doubt that you’d respond in the way you’d like think you would, even if you had been.

11 Likes

Ya… I think you missed the post where the protest against Trump I organized led to one of the Trump nut jobs trying to pour gasoline and light a woman on fire. The difference is, federal police were at that protest.

Intentionally, I’m quite sure that I did.

8 Likes

The way she’s pointing the gun at herself, shoving it into her tight pants…wouldn’t it have been ironic if she shot herself in the hip?

1 Like

Your post? Doesn’t turn up on a search (of your posts) for gas or fire.

7 Likes

Is it wrong that’s what I was both waiting & hoping for?

8 Likes

“Dawning a bright red dress and bonnet, as well as sign which wrote “new century, same crap,” Leanne Keefer-Bechdel, of Mifflinburg, said she attempted to show the position the Trump campaign is trying to force onto women. Her gown earned her a death-threat from a man who said he was going to burn her“ (Wilpo Sun Gazette, 2019). The local media reports on Fox 56 and WNEP went into more detail about the guy carrying a can of gasoline and a match. I wasn’t there when it happened in the 2nd or 3rd round of the protest but, I heard from friends and the AP. Nothing really needed to be done though because as aforementioned, tons of varying levels of police. I don’t know when or if he’s going to show up on a court docket but, electronic court records are touch and go in rednecklandia. Hopefully the AP will have a followup report.

Not condoning the use of firearms in this situation sounds like you would condone baseball bats, or maybe Samurai swords in a fanciful moment.

I wish people would break out into sword fights as opposed to the shootings that keep happening; less collateral damage, overall.

13 Likes

88 guys and Gogo Yubari isn’t a lot of collateral?

4 Likes

WASPs have been a hazard for a while.

24 Likes

Bigots and bullies are afraid of the light.

9 Likes

Hmmm…

Let’s consider that.

During Beatrix’s fights with the Crazy 88 (not eighty-eight actual fighters), Gogo and Oren, did any innocent bystanders several blocks away from all the violence get wounded or killed? Did any swords happen to go straight through anyone’s apartment wall, inadvertently maiming or killing the occupants?

No?

Then yeah, due to the complete lack of ricochet, cross fire and 'friendly fire" I’m gonna maintain my original assessment.

Hypothetically speaking, I could possibly outrun or outmaneuver an edged blade, depending upon certain variables; but the same is not even remotely true of bullets, my friend.

As we’ve long said around my way:

Bullets%20no%20names

12 Likes

“Collateral damage” is military terminology for death, injury or other damage inflicted on an unintended target. Armed combatants who are actively trying to kill you don’t count.

7 Likes

And then there’s that distinction.

Again, if some stupid shit jumps off in public and muthafuckas start busting out Hatori Hanzo’s, I can pretty readily get the hell out of the way and to some zone of relative safety.

8 Likes