Whither SmashMartian?

Still haven’t seen him. Hope you are alive out there @SmashMartian !

5 Likes

Anybody on twitter that could hit him up?

https://twitter.com/SmashMartian

Hope he’s ok. Taking a break from net immersion on a sunny beach.

1 Like

Is that kosher? I mean, I personally hate it when someone follos me around the web.

But, I just thought of a less intrusive idea… What if all the interested BBSers followed him rather than tweeting at him?

1 Like

I think you might be right about the stalking, he may very well have chosen to take time away but following him rather than being direct might be… more creepy?

2 Likes

Follow, then unfollow then? It’d be like being in a silent-running submarine, then getting actively pinged by sonar from a noisy ship… So… Maybe even then not a good idea.

6 Likes

Sometimes it’s best to not pry further, and respect both his decision, and his right not to explain.

4 Likes

Well, this is awkward.

1 Like

I suppose the only real solution is to feel less awkward. If SmashMartian returns, that’s his decision. If he doesn’t, that’s his decision as well, and fretting about it won’t improve anything.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree.

I also think it’s ok to acknowledge that his contributions are missed. He’s a good egg, and a funny soul, and I wish him the bestest in life wherever he goes.

9 Likes

I guess there is no way for being absolutely sure but the status change in the twitter page gives a strong indication he’s still kicking. Which is more than enough for me.

Hope you’re doing well out there man, miss you loads. Take her easy.

4 Likes
2 Likes

If you’re on the ban edge too long, it becomes the “ban on the run”

2 Likes
4 Likes

I still think about SmashMartian.

I once posted a weird, depressing topic that I worry contributed to SM leaving, in some small way.

2 Likes

Don’t beat yourself up man. Sometimes people just get ants in their pants, realize that a community just isn’t working out for them, and leave. The guy cut off all accessibility, deleted his twitter and everything. I think it might have less to do with us and more to do with something going on in his personal life.

7 Likes

I think I’m starting to understand what all the fish puns are about. Just flag them already, people!

4 Likes

I think about him, too. I continue to wish him well.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 604 days. New replies are no longer allowed.