Twitter reactivates Trump's account

Originally published at: Twitter reactivates Trump's account | Boing Boing

17 Likes

Frustrated Jim Carrey GIF

41 Likes

Explosion Reaction GIF

37 Likes

Bet you Trump starts commenting on all the spoof accounts as if they were real and blaming Biden.

47 Likes

Sure why not add some more fuel to the dumpster fire.

31 Likes

Sure, reactivate Trump’s account just as the World Cup is starting and none of the staff that maintains the servers are around any more. Should be interesting!

32 Likes

Account deactivated. I was semi-concerned about losing the handle to someone else, but I don’t think Twitter will be long enough for it to really matter.

33 Likes

I’m sorry. I’m so goddamn sorry to everyone.

18 Likes

What’s Latin for “voice of the bots?”

29 Likes

Vox Botuli has a nice ring to it.

41 Likes

Someone just sold their soul to the devil, but I’m not certain which is which.

18 Likes

I really like the tweet that just expanded the whole quote.

62 Likes

Not that it matters one micro-whit, but y’know that poll was bogus. Like 47% putin bots and 23% musk H1-B visas. But hey, musk-twitter is now full on maga-qnon-ville. shocked? well no, not shocked at all. Who are the remaining corporate sponsors of twitter again? (boycott central)

32 Likes

It really does. I especially like how it brings botulism to mind.
I’m feeling similar symptoms, anyway.

31 Likes

Did he really just call himself God? Could this whole Twitter debacle be Musk jumping the shark?

21 Likes

Vox machinae (classical) or vox robota (modern, plural) / vox roboti (genitive)

43 Likes

Not to be pedantic, but is a software bot the same as a robot?

20 Likes

So who still has a Twitter account to start a poll “Elon Musk should sell all his worldly possessions and distribute all his assets equally among everyone who voted yes for this poll.”?

If it’s the will of the people, Elon, don’t you have to go along with it?

34 Likes
38 Likes

Even if Trump won’t bite, Musk is probably figuring that it’ll bring a refresh of MAGA to Twitter.

I think that he’s seriously misjudging the size of that vs. the people for whom that’ll be the final straw and if they don’t quit immediately, they’ll be making Plan Bs.

He should also worry about employees who still have better oversight into the system than he does, and might be talking to legal experts about whistleblower laws.

35 Likes