Twitter reactivates Trump's account

MAGAbait

16 Likes

It wouldn’t be, but contemporary latin is like klingon, you can do whatever you want.

I like “programma homunculi” or whatever the right grammar would be.

29 Likes

So…Trump is the chum?
Smells about right.

22 Likes

Sheldon the horror

giphy

fozzy-ffs

24 Likes

The blur doesn’t help if you don’t warn what it is! :nauseated_face:

23 Likes

Does anybody have a list of who’s still advertising on Twitter? I feel the need for some boycotting and maybe to agitate a little. I mean, beyond Twitter itself, since I don’t go there anymore and used an adblocker when I still did.

23 Likes

Advertising, or maintaining media accounts?

16 Likes

Twitter made Donnie cry and he doesn’t want to be friends any more.

39 Likes

Ooh, how about homunculus ex machina?

17 Likes

Evidently he released a statement saying something like, “Twitter has a lot of problems, and we are staying with Truth Social.”

I mean, it would be pretty funny if he came back to Twitter, Truth Social became a ghost town and died (losing the money of many a right wing investor like Dan Oingoboinbo) and Twitter still goes under because it is even less popular.

31 Likes

I feel guilty for how much I enjoyed that story. First, that the poll margin was so slim!
And second, that it seems T is going to try to make Musk beg him to come back, or something?
Even a dumpster fire does shed some light.

33 Likes

you do have thirty days to change your mind. but, yeah: honestly, i would be surprised if twitter lasts that long

20 Likes

Apropos of nothing: if you are using Twitter to validate your disqus/boing boing login, you may want to make sure you’ve stored some alternate credentials.

39 Likes

Don’t much care for that anti-democratic counterquote, but I certainly don’t like Elon Musk not so subtly appointing himself the arbiter of the people’s voice.

Edit: Excuse me, God’s voice.

13 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/trump-cites-twitter-problems-says-he-ll-stick-to-own-platform/ar-AA14jCvI?ocid=Peregrine&cvid=80d87b066d1c4cbbb11d5253ba8c7d13#comments

8 Likes

I did see a tweet where, in the middle of the vote, someone noted it appeared to be almost half bots, and Musk acknowledged that. So, even he knew the vote was bullshit (and yet it still was soooo fucking close). He didn’t care. He’s a ring master and Twitter is the circus and he’s trying to call back his greatest clown in the hopes he can keep the show going. But he set the big top on fire, and even the clown can see it’s far less useful when it’s burning to the ground.

Let it burn. We have alternatives, and Mastodon isn’t run by giant corporate douche bags with more money than brains. It may stutter and stagger because of it’s lack of vulture capitalist funding, but I’ll take that over the absolute shit show to democracy the rest of them have been in their pursuit of profits over all.

Portrait of the author pointing to Elon Musk’s defining characteristic:

28 Likes

… whereas if somebody locked these two painted buffoons in a box together IRL, they’d be at each other’s throats within twenty minutes :thinking:

17 Likes

More the exact opposite: “Please look at me, please buy ads! We’ll even reinstate the dumpster fire! Please?”

Nah. Still abandoning your ass.

16 Likes

His taint?

7 Likes

Coincidence?

And this is how Fox reported it.

22 Likes