Twitter reactivates Trump's account

It’s sooooo Musk that even when he tries to use a latin quote it’s wrong and it’s actually the opposite of what he thinks it is

What a fucking buffoon

35 Likes

Maybe Tromp is holding out because he’s hoping the richest man in the world will pay him to come back.

25 Likes

Close enough.

4 Likes

I am shocked. that the immature right wing man-children that follow an immature right wing billionaire man-child voted to reinstate an immature right wing ex-president man-child.

6 Likes

Marge is retweeting trump’s old tweets and begging musk to reinstate her personal account.

I guess that’s representing the people that elected her.

6 Likes

Lone Skum jumped several sharks a long while ago.

ArMAGAddon

Discourse.

Lone Skum would make more money if he sold tickets to that, than he’s ever going to make out of Twitter, now. And the popcorn sponsorship/franchise would be worth millions.

Nah - he’s just too mean to pay $8 for the privilege and hasn’t figured out how to stiff Musk for it, yet.

5 Likes

Everything Trump touches dies. So - let’s hope so.

3 Likes

That’s a slash. It means “or.” If you’re using your Twitter account to authenticate any third party site, you need to change that today.

7 Likes

Point taken. Hopefully nobody still thinks BB uses Disqus, but you never know…

(And the usage of / as ‘or’ often signifies that the two things are interchangeable/the same thing - which was how I read it.)

2 Likes

I know this thread is about Twitter, but unlike Twitter, boing boing is generally a place where people don’t do the thing where they just nitpick the hell out of everyone else.

Let’s keep it that way.

7 Likes

That’s very likely. Pravda Social will never have a user base large enough to satisfy Biff’s bottomless need for attention. He might be hoping that Musk, in his desperation for a big act in his circus sideshow, will agree to a merger of two sites that will give him back his platform and also make him a profit on his own failing site.

The good news for Nunes and his team of right-wing bunglers in that scenario is that Twitter’s staff has been so gutted that there will be plenty of desks for them to sit at at the new HQ of Twitter-Truth.

14 Likes

He already knew the conclusion when he did it. There’s the bots and there’s also the fact that the people who left the platform because of him overlap pretty completely with the type of people who would be against a reinstatement. The poll was just for show. He’s just an attention-seeking asshole.

16 Likes

[edit: this was later exposed as a fake. Still…]

I canceled my Twitter account already. What about you?

37 Likes

vox automatae?

10 Likes

He desperately, desperately needs that to be true.

I’d logged out without planning to log back in. Saw that and deactivated my account.

24 Likes

Can we even be sure that’s actually from his account?

18 Likes

Yeah, to me that doesn’t sound like his voice. I have doubts it’s him.

12 Likes

Is that you looking over his shoulder?

14 Likes

Yeah I went back and looked at the Reddit thread I got it from, and it’s since been flagged as ‘satire.’

15 Likes

It is! :joy: This was at a senate subcommittee hearing regarding SpaceX in about 2014. I happened to be sitting right behind him, and had to look over his shoulder to see the panel. The photo comes from a screen grab of the stream.

28 Likes