Twitter reactivates Trump's account

what’s latency…

2 Likes

Angry Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

rage GIF

david tennant rage GIF

joanna lumley rage GIF

Some people are only there now for the dumpster fire…

What! YOu mean ELON MUSK took a quote OUT OF CONTEXT to justify himself and doesn’t actually know the real history of the quote?!?

shocked philip j fry GIF

Sure Jan GIF

He’ll be back… he loves the attention too much…

Surprised GIF by ION

good point!

18 Likes

Well it’s at least nice that Musk acknowledges that Trump is the former President.

Unless that was a spoof account, who knows these days?

10 Likes

Really it’s more like watching $44B go up in smoke.

16 Likes

I blocked him right after he made his initial offer, cancelled the account the day he made the vote Republican post.

11 Likes

One of the highlights of the Spartacus tv series was its dialogue used PseudoLatin syntax and idioms for speaking English. It was especially goofy for profanity.

5 Likes

I drew the line back when they finally banned him that if Trump was ever reinstated that I would delete my account. Now it’s done.

Sad day. I’m gonna miss that place. But I can’t go back there now.

20 Likes

Saw someone make the point that among other reasons who’s poll was not gonna be accurate (and besides the point that this isn’t a subject that should even be decided by Twitter poll) that it was a poll of people following musk… which is gonna be a biased group and not representative of the general populace or even Twitter users generally…
(People like me who never signed up, people who’ve quit or deactivated or unfollowed Musk in protest or never followed him in the first place because they dislike him are all left out)

12 Likes

All of his hateful, racist posts full of disinformation and lies are just going to get “downposted”, right? Right? Isn’t that the way it works now?

7 Likes

There’s a long road, traveled at high speed, from what Musk says, what he tells them to do, and what gets implemented by people possibly unfamiliar with the code and how it got there.

:person_shrugging:

I’m approaching having Friendica installed without breaking my mediawiki site, but it would make a good Infocom adventure. (i.e. Babelfish dispenser.)

8 Likes

Maybe shitposted? No wait, shitcanned. That sounds good.

9 Likes

Couple weeks ago. I deactivated it. Then I reactivated a week ago, but only so I could run an app to delete everything I ever posted ever. Then I deactivated it again.

16 Likes

Well if you don’t like Skum he doesn’t value your opinion. Everything is a loyalty test with him.

6 Likes

Whether it’s a real quote or not I deactivated my Twitter account before it was cool.

But I am starting to feel about people who cling to Twitter still, a similar sense of hopeless dread that tends to follow the realization that an acquaintance is going to commit to an abusive relationship for yet longer.

18 Likes

I don’t actually use mine, but I haven’t deactivated yet because I’m waiting (a bit) to see if Trump can’t resist showing up, so I can tell him to fuck off more directly.

15 Likes

Same here. I hardly ever have even posted, I don’t think the platform makes any kind of revenue from my being there, and so I’ve kept the account just to keep up with local politics and dole out “likes” as needed. And I like you idea of keeping it, if needed, to tell certain people to fuck off.

10 Likes

Re the art, it’s been modified a lot over the years but the original work is by Toby Lewin
https://www.artstation.com/tobylewin

9 Likes

Assuming that actually is his account… he’s right, unless people prove him otherwise, which may be the first thing he’s been right about in years.

Also loving that Musk has become such a loser that even Trump, Emperor of Losers, is shunning him.

12 Likes

I dunno… We didn’t have a “Pedant Pendant” badge here for nothing.

17 Likes

True, but it is not a badge of honour.

9 Likes