Who is this mysterious shackled woman ringing doorbells in Texas?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/28/video-of-mysterious-shackled-w.html

5 Likes

Wait, can I see that a couple more times?

8 Likes

If only someone had answered their door we would know.

27 Likes

If I had just freed myself from shackles I don’t think that i’d be politely ringing doorbells. There’d be some banging.

Perhaps bad guy / gal within earshot.

9 Likes

Expect it to be the plot of a horror movie in 3, 2, 1…

2 Likes

That’s creepy. I hope that she is okay.

12 Likes

Reminds me of Laura Palmer, and not in a good way.

4 Likes

I saw TEXAS, and just left it alone.

15 Likes

It’s the chainsaws isn’t it?

9 Likes

Or viral marketing for one that’s just been made.

5 Likes

Escapee from Florida.

3 Likes

It looks like it was in the middle of the night, so people were probably sleeping?

5 Likes

Looks exactly like somebody running from Texas police.

I do not mean this in any facetious or lighthearted way. She’s partially undressed and has a dangling restraint; if this woman showed up on my doorstep I’d assume she had a uniformed rapist hard on her heels until proven otherwise. Especially if I lived in Texas, but even here.

6 Likes

Now you’ve made the bad thoughts come.

4 Likes

Eh, you need to visit Austin. I have nightmares about NOT living in Austin anymore.

4 Likes

More than just a simple set of cuffs dangling there.

1 Like

Can’t we all do that? Like reverse secession or something?

1 Like

One of Jeffrey Dahmer’s victims, a young man (teen?) managed to temporarily escape despite being drugged and naked.

He found police officers but because of the drug haze couldn’t communicate his nightmare situation. Cops took him BACK to Dahmer (neighbors pointed there? Or he did, trying to explain? Can’t recall that part) and Dahmer told cops it was a lovers spat. The guy didn’t escape again.

That story has haunted me and caused nausea and tears for years since i read in news.

The video of that girl instantly brings the Dahmer escapee to mind. I pray to God it was a hoax, a prank, or --if not-- that the girl escaped harm. Very very disturbing image.

10 Likes

Looks to me like she was terrified or drugged (or both)…damn i hope this is somebody’s Blairwitch-ish Youtube prank.

4 Likes

how would you feel if you were drugged, sleep deprived, and disoriented?

1 Like