Why Donald Trump will never go to prison but he may go broke

If Trump hasn’t stashed a lot of money in off-shore tax havens, he’s even dumber than he pretends to be on teevee.

8 Likes

As long as he does, works for me.

That implies his return; send him to Elba instead.

9 Likes

And of those people:

Weinstein is detested by so many and wasn’t really rich.

Epstein was rich but had a client list likely containing even richer people and so was a good target.

Cosby is black and isn’t wealthy anymore.

There are reasons those three were allowed to go to prison.

7 Likes

Trump was a millionaire by the age of eight, because his creepy father was using all his children as tax dodges. And he still calls himself “self-made”, and his dupes believe it. Tell me again that it’s not a cult.

17 Likes

Hard to go broke when he never uses his own money.
He just begs for funds, and the Trumpanzees ante up as much as he wants. He has never stopped fundraising since his loss in 2020.

9 Likes

You mean drug OD? That’s Jr.
You mean years later there will still be sightings? That’s JFK Jr.
You mean endorsed by the White House to police the very thing he’s doing? That’s… actually probably what you meant.

I take solace in the fact that Lawrence O’Donnell is an idiot, and if he thinks 45 won’t go to jail, that means it has a much better than 50% chance of happening.

8 Likes

One of the takeaways from that documentary The Queen of Versailles was that the ultra-wealthy family at the center of the story (who never seemed to be especially happy to begin with) appeared to be outright miserable when forced to survive on mere millions instead of billions.

8 Likes

Nope. Elba is where he escaped. Saint Helena is where he went after Waterloo, and it’s where he died.

8 Likes

I’d most like it if Trump went the Hector Salamanca route… I mean, his family doesn’t have to all die, they could be rendered indigent or be imprisoned, but I want him to know that it all came crashing down and that there’s nothing for him to do but watch the news about his downfall.

Yeah, yeah, I know I shouldn’t wish that fate on anyone, but man, that asshole has it coming.

12 Likes

I can respect the sentiment, and it does you credit… but for all the pain and fear and misery Trump has caused, I think he’s more than earned multiple encounters under the wheels of the karma bus, ending with it parked over his carcass for the remainder of his pitiful life.

But I’ve always been a “to the pain” kind of person, so long as the punishment is truly earned. And Trump and his ilk have earned centuries of payback.

nz1vKAK

22 Likes

“Warthog-faced buffoon”

Checks out. :+1:

14 Likes

I always kind of imagined Trump dying surrounded by family, listening to them argue over whatever is left of his inheritance without the slightest interest in the actual human being there, although it’s possible he wouldn’t even understand how hollow that is.

16 Likes

There’s a Bill Callahan song about this, River Guard:

“Our sentences will not be served
We are constantly on trial
It’s a way to be free”

Come to think of it, the reason Trump hasn’t been visited by the spirits of Past, Present, and Yet to Come (A Christmas Carol) is they likely feel he’s such an asshole it’s not worth the time and effort. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

That’s all I took from this.

5 Likes

Elvis literally died while taking a shit.

3 Likes

Confined to Mar-A-Lago, you say?
So, no more golfing, except maybe for a putt-putt course on Mar-A-Lago?
No more jet-setting around as if he were someone important?
No more prayer & worship rallies?
No more interviews?
No more attention?

Let him stay out of a regular prison, but sentence him to Being Ignored for the rest of his life.
Shut down the Club/Restaurant aspect of Mar-A-Lago & weld the fuckin gates shut!
And no telephone or internet access, either, so he can’t get his ego stroked that way.
Everyone else can come & go, except for You Know Who.

Sounds like a prison to me.

The only thing I want to read about You Know Who is his obituary.

1 Like

Ugh, saying so makes me realize I’m also going to have to be very picky about who writes it. I don’t want to spoil the moment with any of the daring though controversial nonsense centrists love to say about power, let alone the truly he was a God among men that the fascists are going to do. :nauseated_face:

6 Likes