Why MyPillow Ads Got Banned by Fox News — Mike Lindell owes them millions

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/01/15/why-mypillow-ads-got-banned-by-fox-news-mike-lindell-owes-then-millions.html

5 Likes

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Lindell gets banned, AND Fox is owed millions!!! It is the perfect Victimless Crime!

24 Likes

Do we really need any more evidence that these so-called conservative shills are shameless liars and grifters?

9 Likes

Quelle surprise, n’est-ce pas?

5 Likes

They all think they can get away with being deadbeats like their idol does.

8 Likes

Nancy Pelosi No Surprise GIF by GIPHY News

5 Likes

I was thinking it was that sort of issue:

6 Likes

“I ‘got canceled,’ just because I ‘owe them money’ and ‘don’t pay for my ads’! See what the liberals have done!”

Gotta love how the right grab hold of a term then abuse it until it loses all meaning. Not getting exactly what you want, for whatever reason? You’re canceled! Now a failure to get free TV ads is an implied left-wing conspiracy to take you down!

10 Likes

I totally called this in that other thread (as did others.)

5 Likes

After he loses the lawsuits, and his business, he’ll have the dubious honor of being a self-made success and failure. Another once useful idiot gets cast aside.

5 Likes

How do you let someone get $7MM in arrears on advertising?

10 Likes

“It is god-damned, woke, leftist, ANTIFA, Communist Capitalism!!!” :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Sunk Cost Fallacy?

5 Likes

5 Likes

I don’t get it. If I miss a cell phone bill they send me a double bill, if I don’t pay that they shut off my phone.

There was a time I ran newspaper ads in our local paper, they wanted payment up front or it did not go to print.

Is Fox stupid? Are all sellers of TV ads stupid?

If I run a TV ad will they run my ads and ask for payment at a later date?

Or, or, are rules different for rich people and large corporations?

7 Likes

I know nothing about how TV commercials are sold, but I always figured it was some kind of market clearing auction – if My Pillow gets pulled, there’s something waiting in the wings to take its place at a slightly lower price.

4 Likes

I mean, that could have been the issue. They are fighting for paying advertisers and kept running them in the hopes that they would get paid. Now they gotta make it up with what I presume are mostly commemorative Trump silver coins and teddy bears.

3 Likes

Alas, my parents in their late 80s now mostly have FOX news blaring at top volume in their house. It’s so f’''ing loud that the first thing I have to do is go find the remote and turn that shit off. And then go to the other room and turn that TV off, too. So I don’t actually know what’s being advertised on there these days, despite seeing it a lot.

6 Likes

Its days like this I am glad my dad has always been a cheap bastard and doesn’t get cable.

3 Likes

Check This Out GIF

8 Likes