Why (or why not) to vote for Bernie Sanders

Wow, after all these years on Reddit I just found out from a political moderator that I’ve been shadowbanned from all of Reddit. The moderator doesn’t have any idea why it happened.

I didn’t post anyone’s private info, nor use sockpuppets or brigading (even though plenty of others brigade against me). The last few things that led up to where I see I was banned and got censored was merely in support of Bernie Sanders.

Looks to me like a powerful admin at Reddit is getting desperate to stop political speech in favor of Sanders.

Looks like I’m doing something right.

EDIT:

BTW: I looked to see where I was banned.

This is what someone in power at Reddit doesn’t want people to see:

Why The Media Ignores Bernie Sanders

I just attempted to post that link to Reddit at appropriate subreddits and… BANNED.

The backstory is Denver Channel 9 (9NEWS) is the same corporate media NBC affiliate that only covered Bernie coming to Denver about 3 hours beforehand. They’ve given Sanders sparse attention while focusing on Clinton and Trump instead.

When Bernie supporters called them out on it, the corporate office manufactured a boilerplate cop-out and said they need Bernie Sanders to pause his campaign and meet with them personally in order to increase coverage. This is easily exposed as a crock of shit as they cover Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump without such ridiculous, made-up “requirements”.

Apparently, someone in power at Reddit doesn’t want anyone to know about this. Such a fucking shame there’s plenty of other social media out there where this will get exposed.

EDIT (next day): I’ve now had my account unbanned under really odd (I’d even say suspicious) circumstances after I complained to some higher ups at Reddit. I won’t bore or further derail this thread about it. I’ll just say it feels like typical political pressure to “get in line”. I won’t. So I’ll probably get banned again.

17 Likes

Jeb Bush is seeing if this drivel floats:

“Bernie Sanders has already promised $18 trillion in new spending programs — I know, it’s impossible to imagine.”

Yet another status quo, corporatist, political tactic of spewing half-truths, partial truths and outright lies instead of discussing the actual substance of issues. Too bad for Jebby baby that more Americans than ever can look claims like that up and find out for themselves the truth of the matter.

Truth of the matter:

Top Economist Says Bernie’s Plan Will Actually SAVE the US $5 Trillion

MORE:

Hey, Jeb… what’s wrong?

You worried that Hillary beats you at having your name being synonymous with “untrustworthy”? I suppose Jeb wants to win at something in this race, might as well shoot for that miserable title.

Speaking of untrustworthy people, Hillary’s scummy Super PAC smear against Bernie has backfired:

BACKFIRE: Sanders Raises $1.2 Million in Two Days After Pro-Hillary Attack Ad

4 Likes
8 Likes

I think Bernie did great on Colbert.

126 Celebrities Just Endorsed Bernie Sanders for President

I think Bernie Sanders will be a household name soon.

5 Likes

Somewhat substance-free listicle crap, but nice to see heavy support for Sanders’s progressive policies from what can often be a conservative faction.

2 Likes

Looks like my CNN poll isn’t doing as well for Bernie. Time to up the pressure again on Hillary and increase support for Bernie. Sigh…

Thankfully, the trend with all national polls still shows Bernie gaining on Hillary, but her rate of decline is decreasing.

Unless a challenger appears… and then all bets are off for Hillary…

Bernie Sanders Wins If Joe Biden Runs

more info

4 Likes

@Cowicide is gonna laugh at us all when his long con pays off and that graph finally makes a dick.

11 Likes

I was going to ask about this. Beyond the numbers, why? My take is that the republican debate and trump stuff overshadowed and it is end of summer and people kinda lost interest for a few weeks. What say you?

3 Likes

Looks European, so far.

3 Likes

This very much. Less negative social media and general buzz against Hillary Clinton’s shortcomings as a result. It’s the time of year where a lot of Bernie’s younger supporters have been busily preparing for and going back to school, etc. Other supporters also start nesting before Fall - focusing more on work, personal finances and the like as the summer comes to an end.

It’s remarkable that Bernie’s ascension hasn’t leveled off a little bit during this time instead of maintaining as it has. Then again, as we discussed before, the overall, dynamic, self-healing, grassroots movements that surround Bernie tend to naturally pick up slack wherever some grassroots elements falter temporarily or otherwise.

Clinton’s decline was at a near-vertical nose-dive for a bit there. I mean, look around August.

She may be untrustworthy and all that, but her decline was getting ridiculous and is perhaps unsustainable.

Just before the slight pull from the dive, she’d finally been offering more stances on some issues beyond simple pandering and vague platitudes. She also apologized for aspects of the email “scandal” and I think that helped alleviate at least some of the growing unease surrounding her handling of the issue.

As you mentioned, the Republicans were able to get more exposure and I’m sure more than a few reasonable Americans shrieked in horror and looked at Hillary Clinton in a more favorable light comparatively afterwards.

Then again, it appears the email questions could be revving up again and that nose-dive might reach near-vertical soon, I dunno. No matter how one feels about the email thing, this simply isn’t good for her campaign.

Either way, the real problem for Hillary is Bernie (via our grassroots movements) shows no signs of abating from our meteoric climb. As anyone can see, FiveThirtyEight and other establishment pundits/media were dead wrong that Sanders was headed for a slump after August. That is, unless we’re to redefine a “slump” as gaining rapidly week after week. :wink:

Americans are most definitely still very much feeling the Bern:

http://polling.reuters.com/#!response/TR131/type/smallest/filters/PARTY_ID_:1/dates/20150823-20150922/collapsed/false

4 Likes

And don’t forget the High Holidays.

2 Likes

I think I lost that bet I made, so I should be banned Sept. 27th. Sanders hasn’t beaten Clinton in that poll yet! Getting damn close with all polls averaged:

However, the stupid poll I picked isn’t bypassing Hillary yet. :frowning:

3 Likes

Dad gummit! Politics is a fickle bitch. While I’m reminiscent of how much of a butthead you were to me last year, it’s in the past and I think we’ve all grown a lot since then, so I’d hate to see you banned on a silly bet. You could make it up to us by continuing to post more relevant shit about Bernie and the revolution that is underway.

4 Likes

Are you saying the dick (graph) is going to have a pointy tip?

2 Likes

Bernie Sanders has an awesome sense of humour:

10 Likes

[quote=“awjt, post:488, topic:59394”]
I think we’ve all grown a lot since then
[/quote]Speak for yourself!!

Welp, at least I wasn’t off on when the crossover of various polls would start to manifest themselves at least…

Like the thunder before the storm

4 Likes

I thought that was in April… Though thanksgiving has always been pretty good for that around here; harvest bounty and all that.

We’ve got an (inadvertent) endorsement!

Michael Savage: Bernie Sanders Is A ‘Liberal Weasel Jew’ Who 'Hates America’

Thank you, Michael Savage, for showing that human garbage like you is against our movement for Bernie. :slight_smile:

EDIT: On the “metal” front:

GHOST Endorse Bernie Sanders Over Donald Trump

The comments there have been invaded by some of the more ignorant Trump supporters and assorted fright-wing conservatives who think “Bernie=Commie!”. Fun times. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What it took for Google to FINALLY place Bernie Sanders as a “top story” after all of this time…

Nice of the editors who manage the Google News aggregator “algorithms” to finally at least allow Bernie past their obvious firewall against him in this regard. I doubt they’ll keep it up, but at least Bernie finally slipped through their corporate media blockade for once.

And, we’re not fooled, Google… those Google News algorithms don’t robotically write themselves. There are editorial decisions made in who and what they filter and it’s been incredibly obvious that Google has been purposefully avoiding Bernie. Fuck Google.

On a positive note, looks like some of our more recent fundraising efforts are fruitful, to say the least:

Clinton raises $28 million but Sanders’ haul is too close for comfort

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/30/politics/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-fundraising/index.html

And, if anyone is surprised that we grassroots supporters are doing this. Here’s why/how it happened:

SOOOoooooo…

Hillary Clinton can keep flip-flopping and attempting to pander to the American public. She can keep attempting to mimic some of Bernie Sanders’ agendas to see if it floats. She can keep attempting to fool Americans into thinking she’s on our side instead of the corporatists who own her.

We’ll keep telling the truth about her record and Bernie’s record. We’ll keep exposing the truth of her corporatist backing and agendas. The truth is setting us free while at the same time the truth is shackles for corporatists.

Alot of a… sharks out there…try’na take a bite of somethin’

What’s hot

Lot of chameleons out there…try’na change up

2 Likes

Fucking money talks. It’s a good thing the proletariat has a few meagre bucks left to throw Bernie’s way, or this uprising wouldn’t rate a fucking mention.

5 Likes