Why (or why not) to vote for Bernie Sanders

The pub was super packed. There was no place to sit and almost nowhere to stand, so I didn’t stay long. It seemed about evenly split between Bernie and Hillary supporters, or maybe the crowd was just really pro-gun-control. Roseburg is still front-page news every day around here.

Also, I’ll leave this here:

Robert Reich: ‘Wall Street Is on the Road to Another Crisis’—Bernie Knows It, Why Doesn’t Hillary?

I notice Former Secretary Reich manages to point out Sanders is right about everything without actually suggesting you vote for him.

Fucking politicians.

7 Likes
9 Likes

Oh, sweet Jeebus…

Breaking silence, Biden team leans in on potential 2016 run

I suppose we’ll find out pretty soon if he’s jumping in or not. If he does, I strongly suspect that’ll take away critical votes from Hillary in Sanders’ favor. Make our activist/supporter lives a little easier.

The overall polls aren’t looking very good for Bernie right now:

The corporate media was very obviously able to “rig” a temporary upsurge for Hillary in many polls after the first debate by rigorously declaring her the undisputed winner. This created the illusion for many Americans who didn’t see the debate that Sanders failed (when he actually won) and isn’t as electable as Clinton.

I think this rebound for Clinton will only be temporary as the truth of the matter catches up with the corporate pundit bullshit. The good news is Bernie Sanders got more name recognition and that’ll translate to many more votes in the end.

We’re still very much in for a tough battle against this corporatist machine for the primary, but we knew that going into this and have/had no illusions we are up against a hostile, corporate media. We’ll continue to fight and ramp up efforts in the face of this pretty hate machine that thrives on deception.

Here’s some exposure of the censorship:

The Young Turks are on it:

Did Media Declaring Hillary Won Debate Influence Polls?

More:

And, finally…

CNN is oh so desperately attempting to manufacture consent on the debate. The fight is ON.

http://mediaequalizer.com/brian-maloney/2015/10/fuming-bernie-supporters-why-is-cnn-deleting-our-comments

Sorry, CNN. You can’t delete our comments from the entire Internet.

7 Likes

I get the feeling he’s just toying with us.

4 Likes

From what I understand, his camp was waiting to see how strong or weak Hillary was in the debate before deciding. If she was strong in the debate, he would announce that he’s not running. I think they’re still trying to figure out how strong she was. If they listen to the corporate media, she won the debate. If they listen to the American public, Sanders won the debate. I guess we’ll see who they decide to listen to.

In the meantime, Lessig gets his ass handed to him on Bill Maher. They’re trying to tell him to support Bernie, trying to explain to him how solidarity works… but Lessig won’t hear it. Lessig just looks like a whiney, stubborn jackass who continues to refuse to understand our plan. It’s pathetic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vad5iL8dm9A

Try again:

2 Likes

“Please sign in to view this video” ? Not seen that one before.

From the same show, “What republicans here when Bernie speaks”

6 Likes

Must be some HBO/YouTube DRM crap or something. God forbid someone quickly watches a sample of Real Time and decides they like it and subscribe to HBO.

New link posted above that currently works without signing in, etc. The previous link went “Private” shortly after I linked it here. Have no idea why.

1 Like

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/10/445621-ignore-the-media-pundits-bernie-sanders-won-the-first-democratic-debate/

Good read, plus new national poll:

3 Likes
3 Likes

No Biden:

Stupid Biden, can’t you even spoil things for Clinton right?

10 Likes

The establishment looks out for their own. Biden and his handlers probably realized they were handing the election to Bernie and backed out.

4 Likes

Please send this to a Hillary Clinton supporter you know:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/h-a-goodman/bernie-sanders-defeats-trump-by-a-wider-margin_b_8345156.html

3 Likes

Vultures feeling the Bern.

7 Likes

“Now the people of Puerto Rico are calling. They understand there is no bailout on the table for them and they are not asking for one. After all, they aren’t a giant bank.”

3 Likes

I believe I found the perfect reason to vote for Bernie, other than all the other stuff:

24 Likes

The Bert and Ernie hybrid is still holding up despite Biden being officially out of the race.

NEW CBS POLL - Iowa: Clinton 46%, Sanders 43%. NH: Sanders 54%, Clinton 39%

Keep in mind, these polls are without Biden.

3 Likes

I’ll just drop this here, with a sample:

6 Likes

Now that is some smart campaigning.

I can’t think of a single issue that will unite American young adults better.

5 Likes

Although according to the linked article, it may not do much for him in Ohio…

1 Like