Why people don't like the word "moist"

Nuff said.

4 Likes

Lingual… lingual
Thats another on the word list.

2 Likes

I tried it with words that all have a ‘wetness’ to them, but I’m chronically unable to get the link right, so go back to @hhype’s link and change the words to ‘■■■■■, damp, wet, humid, soggy’. Fun results.

1 Like

Memes are actual things. This one is infrequent but associated with creepy contexts, like the 1970’s:

5 Likes

My brother is a cardiologist and he says he always has to stifle a chuckle when he has to say the word groin. Which is a lot, because if you have cardiac catheterization they go through a large vein in your groin to the arteries around your heart to do the procedure.

I asked him how he gets through it, he says that he just says inguinal region instead, but the patients always ask what that is… Me: “So what’s that?” Dr. Brother: “Your groin.” And we chuckle again. He’s a good doctor but I knew him when he and I were just punk kids.

Add groin and inguinal to the list.

2 Likes

I, too, am ■■■■■.
-The Imposters

1 Like

The night was… ■■■■■.

5 Likes

Huh, here I thought ‘hipster’ requirements included owning a bicycle with only one gear, wearing ugly, oversized, black, plastic framed glasses and listening to music “you’ve probably never heard of.” I think they’re collectively over the bacon thing. It’s all about sous vide now.

3 Likes

As words go, I think “smegma” is worse. It just sounds disgusting, even without thinking about what it means.

Somehow Red Dwarf managed to use half of it and make it funny.

5 Likes
2 Likes

You may be right about this chip on my shoulder. It’s just cliches that get under my skin. The whole “I hate clowns” nonsense became such an overwhelming meme that c’mon…you gotta admit it was just a fad rather than a real, widespread epidemic of coulrophobia. I suspect “■■■■■” and bacon love fall under the same category.

Of course all my pontificating is all unscientific. But herd mentality is a very real thing. I’m just rolling my eyes. This “■■■■■ hate” has been bouncing around for like 2 years. This article tastes like rubbery, microwaved pizza.

2 Likes

Define obsessed. I don’t go out of my way to buy “artisan” bacon for exorbitant prices off the internet, but I have been known to amass pounds of it at a time when I find it on sale… Besides it’s summer, there’s nothing better than a BLT with fresh tomatoes, fresh fried bacon, and Blue Plate mayo…

1 Like

under your skin, you say?

I have to hope you see what you did there.

2 Likes

He sold me a ring, claimed it was a diamond - it was paste! Some clay guy collared him.

1 Like
2 Likes

■■■■■…

I can’t see what people are complaining about.

It isn’t a very tinny word at all.

However, it is occasionally exceedingly awesome:

2 Likes

Well if it was even, it wouldn’t be a chip, would it?

I like the word ■■■■■. See also:

1. http://riptaylor.com/my-documentary-premiered-in-santa-barbara/
  2. Relevant portion at 1min 12sec

Although Mixtapes from the Lost Decade is largely considered the cardinal contribution from Professor R. Beschizza during his tenure at the University of Rockall, few know this was an extension of his earlier research documenting 8-Tracks from the ■■■■■ Decade.

1 Like