Why Trump brings clapping, laughing sycophants to his press events and appearances

9 Likes

And Cheney helped him put it on that way.

3 Likes

With any luck.

Indeed - the man who paid professional extras to fill out the ranks of his audience for his candidacy announcement is now the man who paid professional extras to fill out his inauguration crowd.

9 Likes

Worse, apparently now he has extras on payroll.

This is how it begins, folks. And fuck me, I don’t know how to fight back on this one.

11 Likes

The way to counter this:

Over-the-top, mocking, endless clapping, shrieks of “I LOVE YOU, OH GOD OH GOD HE’S A LIVING GOD EVERY BODY CLAP!” from the press corps.

10 Likes

How does the press deal with this without being part of the problem? How do they report the news without becoming the news? Should the press ask for a response to the story that trump brought a cheering section to the CIA or ask about foreign policy? If they ask about the hired supporters, are they keeping a stupid story in the news? if they focus on real issues are they letting trump get away with bringing a frickin cheering section to the CIA?

5 Likes

It is just because he is a narcissist. Which is bad enough. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20025568

Pretty sure he’d just bask in that. tRump seems like the kind of guy who’d never get sick of insincere praise. It’d just be cheaper in that case.

It’s not like he has any understanding of the concept of sincerity anyway. The closest he gets to that is holding grudges.

4 Likes

For a change, I feel for GWB. Those things are damn hard to figure out.

5 Likes

When the rules of the game have been changed to mean silence is participation in the propaganda:

28 Likes

Truly, tRump is the king of filth and refuse.

10 Likes

Oh, Trump might not realize he is being mocked, but everyone else would. Shaming his sycophantic employees, letting them know that WE know they are tools, and letting the TV / web audience know the nature of the phony applause . . . that’s the goal.

10 Likes

##Rubbish, Filth, Trump

#BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

11 Likes

Serious question: how would we even tell if he were? I legitimately thought we already had witnessed him experiencing a breakdown during his campaign but here we are.

13 Likes

Kinda unrelated to DJT but isn’t this sort of situational awareness part of a journalist’s job?

1 Like

Careful how you wield that phrase these days. It can throw a wet blanket over a conversation.

8 Likes

He starts telling the truth.

1 Like

So like “Bullworth,” but presumably involving less conversation with black people?

5 Likes

You want me to sew you a pussyhat for the next march? Also, remember call DC 3x/day at least. Your Congress-person and Senators need to hear from you until together we melt the phone lines <3

1 Like