Why Trump brings clapping, laughing sycophants to his press events and appearances

The best tactic is to report what is being DONE, and only briefly mention what is being SAID, as in pointing out that what’s being said is a LIE.

Sorry about the caps

5 Likes

They would know, but the viewer watching live wouldn’t know because the camera is on Trump.

So the solution is one that CNN already figured out - don’t show news conferences live.

5 Likes

One thing that might help is to always remember yourself that there is no one seriously applauding this clown. Always remember, its fake applause for a fake president.

1 Like

In other words Trump is just gaslighting all of us.

11 Likes

Just as long as there’s freestyling…

There are people who seriously applaud him. And that’s the most terrifying thing in the world.

5 Likes

Makes sense. Most aren’t going to be breaking news anyway

3 Likes

At some point in my early adulthood ('92 or thereabouts?) some TV network had the bright idea to re-run Major League Baseball games from earlier in the day during prime time… but with all the standing around and scratching and irrelevant bullshit edited out. Just every single pitch and every actual play, and you could watch all nine innings in a half hour or less. It was great! The first and only time I actually enjoyed watching MLB games.

It didn’t last. People hated the time delay, and for god knows what unfathomable reason, they missed all the scratching and spitting and jogging out to the mound and all the useless timewasting horseshit, too.

I expect these same people think live press conferences are similarly vital.

7 Likes

I follow a simple rule of thumb that has served me well. If someone is applauding anything out of tRumplethinskin’s pie-hole, they are demented fucktards whose opinions I can disregard as inimical to civil society.

10 Likes

I think that may actually be the best tactic to bring him down.
Mock him, ridicule him, make fun of him. Say that he has too small hands to be a good president, something. like most bullies (not in the Teddy Roosevelt sense, Roosevelt was badass, Drumpf is just bad and an ass) he is an insecure, thinskinned crybaby, and a not very intelligent one at that too. Catching him in battles about his hubris, vanity and overinflated ego will keep him from governing, and, more important, provoke him to do or say something so stupid that there is no way in the world to spin it and that they have to sack him.

10 Likes

The press needs to step up. They need to start photographing the rabble-rousers, and then after a few appearances point out how it’s the same people cheering and laughing. Talk to them. Ask them who they are, what press agency they represent…

I know evidence is a hard-sell these days, but seriously…

14 Likes

Imagine if they tried the same with soccer, might get the whole game down to 5 minutes.

5 Likes

Don’t you mean American football?

8 Likes

Its almost as if Meliana has been watching that clip.

1 Like

Probably 20 minutes in that case but still wouldn’t hold my attention

3 Likes

I think they need a separate column in the newspapers for Trump’s fuckery. Separate it from the real news, maybe with a thick black border, just to remind people that, yes, this crap is happening and we have to “report” it, but it’s not the main story. The main story is what he’s trying to get away with while people are outraged about his latest assholish stunt.

He’s stupid like a fox.

2 Likes

Thanks to the magic of TiVo, I watch US football games in under 90 minutes…Skip through the ads, watch the time in between plays slightly sped up, and then down to regular speed again for the play itself.

Oddly, not a lot of people enjoy watching the games with me.

3 Likes

I can’t make an official diagnosis, but I still say that people should also look at the symptoms for Histrionic Personality Disorder when watching the Kleptocrat

shallow and labile affectivity,
self-dramatization,
theatricality,
exaggerated expression of emotions,
suggestibility,
egocentricity,
self-indulgence,
lack of consideration for others,
easily hurt feelings, and
continuous seeking for appreciation, excitement and attention.

3 Likes

I wondered if he had a claque as I was reading the transcript of his CIA speech. Anytime you read [LAUGHTER] and [APPLAUSE], just remember: it’s all showbusiness, kid.

4 Likes

He’s wearing a hijab! He’s a Secret Muslim!

9 Likes