Why Trump brings clapping, laughing sycophants to his press events and appearances

Wee the people…

Like what they had in The Times back when it was a newspaper - Caught Circular?

Let me guess…probably not a Trump voter then.

I wish I could find my grandfather’s old hammer and sickle badge, but sadly hardly anybody seems to know nowadays that “Workers of the world unite” included women.

2 Likes

Why Trump brings clapping, laughing sycophants to his press events and appearances

Because he’s an insecure shitstain who has plenty of valid reasons to feel insecure.

10 Likes

I read that staff was asked to volunteer to come in during their time off, lest attendance be too sparse.

I can think of some things I could applaud. Top of the list is…

“… and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn’t been for you meddling kids!”

Now, how many people would we have to unmask to get a Democrat in the Whitehouse before 2020?

Showing the crowd is good, but since it’s all fake anyway why not just replace the applause with a laugh track?

They could do what they used to do to IRA spokespeople on the news in the UK.

Get an actor to repeat whatever he has said and dub it over him. Bonus points if they can somehow obscure his face.

1 Like

15 Likes

Be careful what you wish for. The television channels did this because they were not allowed to broadcast their voices, and they chose actors who sounded just like them. Gerry Adams said that the actor who voiced him did a better Gerry Adams than he did.

I’m not being entirely serious.

4 Likes

His supporters and people who casually voted for him are willing to forgive a lot during campaign season; lies, smoke & mirrors, stagecraft, bluster, dick jokes… it’s election season, and it’s a circus.

Now that he’s president, I don’t think they’ll be so happy about fake crowds or blatant falsehoods. Especially when we’re already seeing it every single day.

2 Likes

Neither can I. I’m just suggesting it.

Yes and I fully expect him to hire a mobile piano player to follow him everywhere playing old-timey silent movie scores.

4 Likes

Since it hasn’t been brought up despite Eichenwald pointing it out in more widely read forums…

He brought “clapping, laughing sycophants” to the CIA memorial, to applaud his ranting about how he was the best thing since sliced bread and the media is a bunch of nasty liars, with barely a mention for the agents the wall memorializes.

I think the odds of a CIA-sponsored coup just went up a notch.

16 Likes

Well, if they were dumb enough to vote for him…

3 Likes
  1. Add captions/sub-titles to WH responses and proclamations
  2. Speed-up video
  3. Add Yakety Sax soundtrack

Done.

5 Likes

Or alternately they’re more willing to accept these stunts from the Official Glorious Leader.

2 Likes

I would!

3 Likes

I’m not sure we should play into it at all.

There’s a good reason his tantrum towards the Hamilton cast, was on the same day as Trump University was settled. All this stupidity is an intentional distraction. We really have to make sure we’re getting hung up on the right points, not the silly distractions.

4 Likes

There will be no coup. He will have an “accident”. Or as sudden “heart attack”.

4 Likes

That works too.

3 Likes