Why you shouldn't kiss snapping turtles

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/07/dont-kiss-a-turtle.html

1 Like

#theoryofturtlemind

2 Likes

Aww, the turtle kissed back.

7 Likes

The last picture make me think of a Howard the Duck remake

3 Likes
20 Likes

The reason is in their name.

They’re snapping turtles, not kissing turtles.

2 Likes

it’s turtles all the way dow ow ow ow ow

10 Likes

I’m a bit surprised that the turtle didn’t manage to do more damage.

That sort of swelling looks like an unpleasant compression injury; but it doesn’t look like the turtle managed to break skin very effectively, and definitely didn’t take a neat, turtle-jaw-shaped, slice out of the guy’s lip.

8 Likes

I had a hermit crab do that to my lip when I was around 10 (I was blowing on it to get it to poke it’s head out). My sister had to pry his claw open - the crab was fine and my lip just had little swollen bruise.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Also, salmonella.

But mostly the snapping.

3 Likes

Pretty much. This one looks a bit smaller; but lips aren’t terribly durable tissue, even by squishy human standards.

3 Likes

I’ve had a lot of pets including many reptiles, and the baby snapping turtle that we kept for a year was one of the dumbest creatures I’ve ever met. The kid who kissed this one is dumber. When I saw the headline I thought it would be a little baby. No one in their right mind put their hand near that motherfucker, never mind their face!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.