Will Kim Davis go back to jail?

I wrote

Makes sense to [release Kim Davis] Rowan County is issuing licenses to gay couples, so there really ins’t any justification for keeping her locked up–unless she interferes. Contempt orders are best used sparingly, and surgically, if at all.

Foolish me, having faith in the court system. Apparently, Kim Davis is once again doing her best to interfere with the issuing of marriage licenses in Rowan County.

3 Likes

We can only hope? Of course, the more time she spends in jail, the more she and her supporters have their narratives of being victimized by secularized society reinforced… So, I don’t know what to do with that.

6 Likes

According to a website I don’t know, but it seems to have only basic facts listed:

Anyone convicted of a misdemeanor in Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, South Carolina, and South Dakota may not vote while incarcerated. Kentucky and Missouri additionally require an executive pardon before allowing people convicted of certain misdemeanors ("high misdemeanors” in KY and "elections-related misdemeanors” in MO) from ever voting again.

Any chance that multiple contempt charges against an elected official might count as “high misdemeanors”?

1 Like

Same goes for Charlie Manson. It took a while, but I think we have a pretty good societal consensus on his idiocy now.

(Ok the secularized society victimization angle isn’t quite the same…)

This topic was automatically closed after 514 days. New replies are no longer allowed.