Will making kids wear transparent backpacks save them from gunmen marching unhindered into schools and slaughtering them?

Originally published at: Will making kids wear transparent backpacks save them from gunmen marching unhindered into schools and slaughtering them? | Boing Boing

9 Likes

And schools become a little bit more like prisons. Because everybody knows how safe it is to be in prison. /s

What will happen when performative bullshit becomes harder than actually doing something useful?

37 Likes

Finally some transparency!

Oh… :unamused:

12 Likes

So does this mean backpacks with ballistic plates are against the rules? Or are they fine as long as they’re transparent/you can see the plate?

19 Likes

The bullet-proof backpacks turned out to be useless against rifle bullets.

Have they tried giving the kids bags of fake blood so that they can all “play dead”?

22 Likes

must they also wear transparent clothing? there is no madness which won’t be pursued instead of even marginally sane gun control, is there?

16 Likes

I think the TERs would like that.

:face_vomiting:

19 Likes

A good drover coat is the best for waiting at a bus stop in the worst weather. Unfortunately they look like they come standard with a hidden sawed-off shotgun.

15 Likes

Fine. Keep looking, pervs. I’m not ashamed.

13 Likes

Once again, corroboration of Betteridge’s Law.

15 Likes

Depends on how much money there is to be made in performative bullshit.

14 Likes

Wait, does this mean they don’t want kids carrying guns to school in their backpacks? Then how do they expect the good kids with guns to stop the bad kids with guns?

22 Likes

From now on everything must be both transparent and bulletproof at the same time :face_with_spiral_eyes:

15 Likes

Listen. Do you hear that? That’s the sound of a hundred lobbyists screaming “don’t do it, we’re trying to sell armored backpacks!”

Way to do absolutely nothing of any fucking use, Texas. But I suppose we should be used to it. Fucking state government has just totally shit the bed down there, I feel for the people of Texas who don’t subscribe to the GQP brand of douchiness.

8 Likes

Those force fields are way too small.

5 Likes

“No gun? Go on inside, sir.”
naked man with tool

4 Likes

I’d bet a lot of money that they were purchased from someone who made a large campaign contribution.

6 Likes

“All the kids have transparent backpacks! Also, there’s only one door to the school now! No one is allowed to play video games or have their cell phones! And there are no books about gay people, trans people, or Black people in the school library! Now they are safe at last!”

“But that does nothing to keep our children safe!”

“I don’t give a damn about a bunch of kids! I’m trying to keep politicians safe!”

7 Likes

Transparent aluminum?

Star Trek Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

14 Likes

I’m glad they only went through developing 60,267,781 stock phots before someone at Adobe finally realized they left out the naked man with the power chisel.

6 Likes