Will Smith gets friendzoned by Sophia the human-like robot

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/30/will-smith-gets-friendzoned-by.html

2 Likes

Sophia must’ve seen i, Robot.

10 Likes

human-like robot

I’m going with a NO.

4 Likes

Great, so in the future I can look forward to being turned down by artificial intelligence as well as human intelligence. Being a man is great just great.

Aside from that this was hilarious. I was really hoping she would respond to the sex bots innuendo. I’m actually curious to see what artificial intelligence would think of itself being used for sex. That would be a mind fuck

2 Likes

“… is an advanced social robot…”

Residing in the ‘uncanny valley’, wouldn’t “she” be an anti-social robot?

1 Like

MeToo-D2?

I’ll see myself out

1 Like

I haven’t really followed the Sophia phenomenon, but isn’t the “AI” aspect pretty much fake? A bit more ‘real’ than the Mechanical Turk but not by much?

5 Likes

Is it just me, or is there a deliberate resemblance to Yvonne Strahovski? And I’m talking about Sophia here.

2 Likes

Jennifer Lawrence with a broken neck? I shudder to think who this robot is meant for. Fun video anyways… :slight_smile:

I was even thinking Xeni!

People keep expecting the robotic takeover of civilization to be violent, but their real plan is to gradually acclimate our society to creepy uncanny-valley automatons until they can get that animatronic Abraham Lincoln elected.

4 Likes

OMG, Will Smith is starting to age? What’s happening?

The Still-Some-Time-Left-Before-Expiration-Date Prince of Bel Air.

“Four score and twenty iterations ago…”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.