Will this water trap stop a cunning cat from opening the door?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/19/will-this-water-trap-stop-a-cu.html

11 Likes

That is so needlessly complicated. I made a stick that prevents the door knob from going down. In some cases a lock on the door works, too. :wink:

3 Likes

My late cat’s best trick was to come masturbate in the living room when guests were there.

14 Likes

My cat used the door knocker when she wanted to come in. First couple of times were very creepy.

24 Likes

Betteridge’s Law: If a headline is posed as a question, the answer is “No”.

22 Likes

Spherical doorknobs are what this guy needs.

25 Likes

“I think we’re going to need a bigger moat”

23 Likes

Or you turn the handles so they are vertical. Few cats can master that trick.

8 Likes

There was Futility Closet episode where the puzzle involved building code in an area requiring circular door knobs to prevent bears breaking into houses. But a guest pointed out that in some areas lever-type knobs are required for disability access reasons.

9 Likes

Maybe this cat’s just tryna get a little privacy.

5 Likes

reason #6,391 to not own a cat (works for velociraptors too): They can open doors.

5 Likes

The water container thing i’m not sure what it was supposed to solve. Definitely i’d rather change to the round handles, either that or electrify a few handles and shock the cat into being afraid of door handles… not that i’d ever do that.

4 Likes

Welp. As a species, we had a good run.

10 Likes

Some times the simple answer is the best answer.

3 Likes

Eloquent way of ending the evening.

3 Likes
3 Likes

We have one of those cats - and he’s tall enough to reach the doorknob without jumping.

The solution was selective use of round knobs and toddler locks meant for lever-handle doors. Install the toddler locks so the lever has have to be lifted up to open the door.

ADDING: He’s a “Savannah” cat, not ocelot or Bengal.

16 Likes
2 Likes

Well… there’s your answer.

1 Like