Wimpy Kevin McCarthy was asked if the bathroom was a good look for Trump and classified docs: "I don't know"

Originally published at: Wimpy Kevin McCarthy was asked if the bathroom was a good look for Trump and classified docs: "I don't know" | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure no one was suggesting that Donald Trump should have kept a cache of top secret documents in his garage either.

12 Likes

I think that was meant as a jab at Biden because a few classified documents from the time of his Vice Presidency were found (by Biden’s people) to have been stored in a garage in his Delaware home. Obviously they were turned over voluntarily once discovered and it’s not a comparable situation at all, but the “it’s unfair to punish Trump because everyone does it!!” defense is all they’ve got at this point.

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure garage doors lock too.

12 Likes

I suspect from Kevin’s continued demeanor that bathroom is an alien concept.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that ANY effing lock at Mar a Lago can be picked by a 5th rate thief with hands behind their back and their eyes closed.

8 Likes

Heck, we know they’re all accessible to 5th rate thief Donald Trump.

6 Likes

How about a photocopier right next to stacks and stacks of boxes? Is that a good look, Mr. Speaker?

17 Likes

Wow! I had not seen that before.

P.S. Has he not got a phone with a camera?! :rofl:

6 Likes

I’d be willing to lock Kevin in the bathroom from the outside.

9 Likes

But without a spine, couldn’t he just escape through the toilet?

9 Likes

I’m also reasonably sure that Biden doesn’t host significant 3rd party guests in his garage like, say, Mar A Largo does in their ballroom.

6 Likes

Klassy, with a capital K.

4 Likes

I believe you’re forgetting the “why did you pull me over? Plenty of other people were speeding, too!” defense, which is of course a complete defense to any crime.

7 Likes

“Twice convicted*…”

• So far…
4 Likes

It is a stupid question, but he gave an even weaker answer because he didn’t want to alienate the MAGA crowd because he needs their support do the shitty things he wants to do (even though it’s not shitty enough for the MAGA crowd because it doesn’t involve burning everything to the ground). He is a coward.

Really, why ask him at all? If he were involved in the case somehow, it might be better to ask: Do think it’s a good idea for a twice impeached former president to store sensitive documents he had no legal right to hold onto and put them in an insecure location where potentially thousands of people including agents of hostile foreign governments could have had access to them and then lie and obstruct about having them?

4 Likes

The chandelier with the plastic shower curtain hanging from a cheap Walmart tension rod still cracks me up. I feel so fancy. I too have a well lit bathroom with a tension rod curtain. I don’t store paper documents there though, except for Charmin of course.

6 Likes

Maybe Trump has finally hit on a successful business idea!

Elevator pitch: Homeowners can offer their bathrooms, and traitors/crooks/irresponsible ex-presidents/soon-to-be convicted felons can rent them out via a convenient app. It’s like Airbnb, but for classified document storage! And the company can secure a second income stream by offering a classified document browsing service to various foreign powers.

This app will completely disrupt the espionage industry.

Working title: AirKGB

2 Likes

Maybe try AirFSB. It would be more accurate and not suggest a red scare.

4 Likes

Is that copier capable of making full bleed copies?

2 Likes