Winner of the creepiest Covid-19 tweet goes to this gentleman

After having to listen to 8 years of death panels and FEMA talk this is just going to make me unravel.

31 Likes

Classy. Try to walk back a comment that didn’t impress people as much as you expected while attempting to hold onto the “I’m a Serious Realist too analytical for the snowflake mobs” title.

I wonder if he just pitifully lacks courage in his convictions; or whether his ‘convictions’ are just white collar internet tough guy material.

19 Likes

He’s just in a panic because his knickers stock portfolio is in a bunch.

12 Likes

Yes that triggered him.

6 Likes

Stay classy, Scott

4 Likes

I have a cold hearted game theorist in me. I did this math the other week as a check on how I was feeling when California shut down. Here’s the real steely eyed, cold warrior math:

A human life is generally considered to be worth around $10,000,000 in 2020 dollars to save. This is a broad concenses value across multiple US government departments and other national governments in the developed world. See https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Value_of_life

So, is it worth tanking the economy to the tune of trillions of dollars to save millions of lives?

Yes. It absolutely is. Die in a fire, Scott A. McMillan, you useless sociopath.

46 Likes

We really need to get ahead of this and take out the guys with male pattern baldness so they’re out of the gene pool. Those weak ass follicles don’t need to be infecting the rest of us.

We could probably stop after him tho

14 Likes

Looking at his profile he’s about 50. Per this article which is quoting the CDC, people aged 45-54 have been hospitalized at a rate of 21.1%, 4.7% have ended up in the ICU and 0.5% have died.

So given the current there’s a roughly 1 in 20 chance that he himself ends up in the ICU. If we flood the hospitals with patients, of course, the death rate is also likely to go up. He may also have some undiagnosed condition (such as hypertension) which lowers his odds of survival. Anecdotally speaking, 50 is around the age when you start finding these things out.

11 Likes

So… death panels?

9 Likes

It’s so much easier to rattle off stats about a “low death rate” when you are pretty damn sure you and your family won be on the front lines. I kinda wonder what might happen to these hot-takes if a notable conservative becomes seriously ill or dies.

16 Likes

Anybody have this anuses home address? I got some extra time on my hands…

16 Likes

Hey hey hey now. #notallbaldmen!

23 Likes

I saw that and assumed that he was referring to the top 2.5% money hoarders as being unproductive and expensive to maintain.

36 Likes

I’m a little disappointed I had to read this far down thread to find the word sociopath, but kudos for putting the right descriptor on him.

8 Likes

I found his business address, and was about to post a mean review on Yelp, but what would that solve? He’s one of those Rational Thinkers I’ve heard so much about. Also, lawyers gonna lawyer.

6 Likes

Steven Mnuchin has basically been saying this all along. These guys don’t care at all about millions of older middle-aged people and old retired people dying - that’s a benefit to them. Non productive people and “overpaid” experienced people? Get rid of them. They care about their big game, the win-the-economy game. They don’t care about workers, they care about shareholders.

They have the money and clout to isolate themselves and get whatever medical treatment they want, very very quickly, so they’re not in much personal danger.

15 Likes

So the president of the United States and completely useless pieces of garbage like this man are allowed to advocate for letting me die, and I can’t say out loud that I want them to die, or I go to prison?

Guillotines aren’t going to be enough for these people soon.

I fucking hate what this country has become and Humanity in general right now

23 Likes

Music for the drive to his place:

9 Likes

I know it’s tempting to run out right away and do something rash and poorly considered, but I think we should wait until social distancing has been revoked before we gather a mob to burn down his house with him in it.

14 Likes

Telling how starkly this gentleman’s twisted worldview frames the question, does the economy serve humans or do humans serve the economy?

15 Likes