With a sneer, Britain's new education minister raises middle finger to public outside Downing Street

Originally published at: With a sneer, Britain's new education minister raises middle finger to public outside Downing Street | Boing Boing

6 Likes

She must now explain her behavior to the House, colleagues insist.

What’s to explain? She’s showing how her party feels about 99% of the British public.

35 Likes

You sure it wasn’t just her indicating that she’d like to stand for PM, too? Seems to be a primary qualification these days.

9 Likes

Flagging a taxi?

Oops. Not a reply to cannibalpeas.

8 Likes

Or perhaps she’s just kicking off a counting lesson.

10 Likes

It would seem to fall into the category of “refreshing honesty”.

9 Likes

A fair percentage of these Tories are nasty enough to be (american) republicans. (i think that’s about as insulting as one can be)

22 Likes

Huh? I thought Brits flipped people off with two fingers . . .

6 Likes

American cultural imperialism

19 Likes

At least when German politicians do it, it’s towards far right demonstrators.

22 Likes

Every teenage schoolkid in the country now has an excuse to raise a finger to their head teacher. Well played, fuckwit education minister, well played.

More to the point, every head teacher in the country now has an excuse (as if they ever needed one where Tory education ministers are concerned) to raise a finger to her. I look forward to it.

17 Likes

Fish fork to the far left, soup spoon to the far right, dessert fork and spoon above the charger, two fingers firmly raised in a “V”. /s

7 Likes

So refreshing not to have those leftist elites who have quiet contempt for the common people.
(/s just in case)

13 Likes

OK, but no person of the ruling class wants to be heckled by the poors. Totally understandable!

4 Likes

They just don’t learn!

1 Like

Day one muthafuckas. Like me yet?

2 Likes

Which should rightly be countered with incredibly refreshing honesty, such as a direct face-to-face reminder of how she received her post, and delivered a la @beschizza: “Andrea, did you know that in order to fill this position, a barrel bottom had to be scrapped?”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.