Wolf-themed Russian biker gang is exactly as you expect

Russians are pretty fucking crazy.

You’ll end up in Mad Max: Furry Road

9 Likes

I found those to be the most honest/real aspects of the show about life in a MC… lots of hooey in that show, but you’ve both zeroed in on two of the real world, honest components.

Stupid acts are a kind of natural momentum IMHO, and club rules come before all else - doesn’t matter what it is, it’s better to go to jail than break even a trivial club rule (not that there is such a thing, I’m no heretic).

2 Likes

Man, that was inspiring.

I’m going to put on my Three Wolf Moon t-shirt and fly to Luhansk.

2 Likes

I know him vaguely, and his Geordie one’s not that convincing considering he’s from here.

There’s an article in the Guardian about this group, along with another article about the search for missing soldiers who had been attacked while escaping from being surrounded through a “green corridor” that had been negotiated. Both long reads, but worth reading for the background information.

1 Like

We’ve had three groups of couchsurfers from Ukraine over the last year or so, along with many refugees from various countries that we’ve come to know. Another couchsurfer was a Serb from Kosovo who grew up during the war. Some were escaping conscription. Others had seen family members killed in front of them. They all seem like decent, ordinary people who want peace and a normal life like the rest of us. Do people like these really think that the average person in the land they’re fighting for wants anything to do with them? The guy at the end basically admits that his wife and family disagreed with his choice to go and the people in the area they’re ‘liberating’ hate them. Yet everyone else’s life is dependent on their fantasy of a stronger Russia (or you can substitute ‘Russia’ for any number of countries or ideologies).

2 Likes

OK, so this biker gang is exactly what I’d expect, but you know what I really want to see now? A rival gang of hardcore feminist progressive guerilla warriors on electric dirt bikes called “The Red Riding Hoods” who are only loyal to a code of ethics developed collectively by the secret cabal, Grandmothers for a Better Russia.

6 Likes

Gangs of old ladies attacking fit, defenceless young men?

4 Likes

Oh. Man. This is like STALKER meets Mad Max.

How is there not a video game built on this premise yesterday?

2 Likes

Can the be eusocial? Nothing sticks it to the patriarchy like being a eusocial hive organism.

2 Likes

The style seems to vary by revolutionary; from ‘well-meaning paternalism’ to ‘if you will not allow me to save you from yourself; I will Do What is Necessary to save others from you’; but it seems to be more the rule than the exception for the more energetic breed of purported do-gooders to be uninterested in input from the people they are doing-good-unto.

This is especially true if they are serving a cause/ideal ‘greater than themselves’; since if $CAUSE is greater than me, the player character, you damn well better believe that it’s greater than you, an NPC, and probably your whole village if it comes to that.

During one of his lucid and insightful phases(I never can wrap my head around the fact that the same guy who wrote The Screwtape Letters also took the ‘liar, lunatic, or Lord’ argument seriously) C.S. Lewis observed that

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

This often seems to be the case.

5 Likes

The greatest of Putin’s frumentari?

1 Like

I admit I did not expect Putin’s motorcycle infantry at all. Might want to get that latent clairvoyance checked.[quote=“Faffenreffer, post:24, topic:73126”]
I’m going to put on my Three Wolf Moon t-shirt and fly to Luhansk.
[/quote]

Incidentally, here’s an actual favorite T-shirt of mine. Not ironically favorite, either. Wolves, am I right?

https://www.instagram.com/p/vhGIYCgQa7/?taken-by=romulozanini

Goes great with my SPORTWOLF helmet. Yay for Chinese branding. #teamstark
https://www.instagram.com/p/t8alzjgQV6/?taken-by=romulozanini

Maybe the industry got a bit gun shy on the subject after the lackluster reception to the GTA IV biker gang game, not to mention the certifiably horrible Ride to Hell: Whatever. The Mad Max game could really use some two-wheeled content, though.

Are there any good motorcycle combat games made since the 90s, I wonder? I remember Road Rash, Biker Mice From Mars and – a bit charitably since the action parts weren’t exactly the highlight of the experience – Full Throttle.

2 Likes

1 Like

Is this your bike?

RE: Road Rash:

1 Like

No, but wow.

I’d be all over this if I knew it existed when it was new (guessing around 1987, which would make me 5). Crazy polygonal fairing! Laser grid pattern! The (optional?) electronic sound box with blinking lights and space vector design!

Heck, I want one now.

I did get to enjoy the funky-fresh Brazilian equivalent, so it wasn’t too bad of a childhood.

/derail

3 Likes

Photogenic, but is he a one man nuclear power (yet)?
Also, does he wear the beret to cover up the “poor impulse control” tattoo?

2 Likes

Exactly! And they were kinda cute… I would be more intimidated by an Animal helmet.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.