Woman accidentally kills self with gun bought for Ferguson unrest

4 - simple - rules

1 Like

The only sidearm I own is a revolver, but only because I inherited from my late grandfather (he was in the cavalry and spent some time chasing Pancho Villa around the border in 1911). Of course, by the time it came into my hands I had five years on active duty so when I went to register it, the training requirement (if there was one in 1983 in southeastern Michigan) was waived.

The one listed as “Mom” is actually how Germans are taught to drive.

1 Like

Ask and ye shall receive:

6 Likes

That reminds me of a story. I remember seeing a “crime noir” type short film that had a really neat twist.

This guy was known to play Russian roulette as a party trick. He would take one of his own guns, spin, and click every time.

Then he goes to a friends house, tries the same trick with one of his friend’s guns and shoots himself.

Seems and open and shut case. A tragic accident. But one gumshoe isn’t convinced.

He ends up getting to the bottom of things. When the guy did the trick he always glanced at where the shell was before he pulled the trigger. If it was in the chamber that would load when the trigger was pulled he would spin it again.

Turns out all his guns had the cylinder spin counter-clockwise. When he went to his “friends” house, he used a gun where the cylinder spun clockwise. So he pulled the trigger thinking he was safe. Doing some more digging, he found out that his wife and the friend were having an affair and they cooked up this plot to make it look like an accident.

3 Likes

Oops - my bad

Though I disagree with some of your other points, holy cow do I agree with you on this one. I get irrational levels of ranty over car commercials that show cars as toys, and people speeding through city streets, revving engines and spinning and shit. It’s is the height of irresponsible advertising. I’d honestly rather see a smoking ads back in magazines.

2 Likes

I had to go back and confirm, but I saw what you did there.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.