Woman convicted of shooting into McDonalds after discovering burger once again lacked bacon

My favorite is a line from El Topo:

I have lost the fear of bullets. I allow them to pass through the emptiness of my heart.

4 Likes

[quote=“bwv812, post:17, topic:54325”]
Black woman does something dumb and her full name and mugshot get posted. A few posts later a white man in Florida does something dumb and BB posts only his last name and no mugshot.[/quote]

In your zeal to suggest that BB is being racist and/or sexist in their treatment of this particular Child of God, you must have missed the post about 10 posts down (Christian family band who sang about End Times arrested after deadly gunfight in Arizona Walmart parking lot).

There’s a mugshot of a perpetrator, who is a white male, no less. There’s also a picture of the Walmart parking lot where the apocalyptic event took place, in which some (apparently white, male) police officers are talking, as well as a picture of the family’s motor home (which is also white). And, finally, a picture of a dry-erase board (which, for the record, is also white) that was probably hanging up in their van, with a Bible verse written on it.

So there may, possibly, be a slight chance that you are wrong, or perhaps just overreacting.

4 Likes

People should not be allowed to own firearms. You get impulsive shit like this.

2 Likes

Police: “We heard you wanted bacon. Here we are.”

4 Likes

They aren’t named above the jump, as this woman is. But you’re right, they are named (although they have much less unique names, and middle names are not included), and I don’t think this is a great practice for an site that focuses not so much on the news aspect of these stories but on the bizarreness of the stories. You don’t need the names of people in order to convey the weirdness.

Don’t you want to mention that the McDonalds shooter’s hair was white, too?

Do you think the white board, the Walmart, or the unnamed police officers are worried that their images might be Googled in the years to come? Does this piece tarnish them in any way?

But other than that, terrific point.

Right, because the illegality of her carrying a firearm should affect all gun owners.

So, lets see what questions about “Illegality” could be in play here:

1. The firearm was stolen and she was in felony possession.
  2. She had a previous felony conviction and was not able to possess a firearm legally.
  3. The McDonalds had a properly stated “no firearms” sign thats to state regulation and regardless of her possibly legally being able to own/carry it was in violation of that law.

These are just some possibilities before we consider the absolute STUPIDITY of shooting into a populated location like a McDonald’s over something trivial.

Even with one last thing, lets say she’s a massively responsible good person who actually was carrying a legal firearm. What she did was immensely stupid and now she’s going to suffer the consequences of her actions. A firearm shouldn’t be the scapegoat here, she very well could have run her car into the McDonalds, run into the store and physically assaulted employees, or many other options that have actually be documented in various news stories.

The problem is, we won’t know will we? However please by all means make blanket statements like this. I get it though, you don’t like guns. Apologies, but not liking something is no reason to blanket ban them. Thank goodness you don’t dislike Vaccines or Hispanics, I’d hate to see the same level of non-thinking “BAN IT” attitude.

Yes, this is another need coffee day, apologies if this offends but its a painfully unthought statement that just stirs the pot, and I would hope you may be better than that.

1 Like

Because, in this rare case, you beat Florida to the punch…or the rimshot?

I had hoped for more creative bacon remediation! 5 months and a 2-year concealed bacon carry license and registration ticket for the area McDonalds or employee union or something. A few sessions of ‘you sound like bacon is trouble for you, do you want or not want bacon’ therapy. Lazy bacon-specialty lawyers and therapists these days. No wonder full bacon employment is so hard to achieve.

2 Likes

You are absolutely correct. Bring in the bacon.

/today not so wound up. :smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.