Woman displeased with service at Subway

Im not a big fan of American cheese myself.

7 Likes

My Subway story … was ordering a sub in Mexico City. I was able to point and name what I wanted and the toppings in Spanish until so got to one thing I couldn’t translate. I pointed to it and said ¿Como se dice en español? (How do you say this in Spanish). A: jalapeños

32 Likes

Firehouse Subs or Jersey Mike’s or Lenny’s Sub Shop. I really only go to Subway if I can’t find any place else.

7 Likes

Slow news day? I thought I clicked on World Star for a second.

7 Likes

In all fairness they usually do put too much lettuce on their sandwiches.

11 Likes

Heaven forbid that you should eat a leafy green vegetable…although iceberg lettuce is probably the least nutritious vegetable around.

3 Likes

Thundercloud Subs, Jimmy Johns and Which Wich are also excellent options as well.

4 Likes

Iceberg lettuce exists because drinking Ranch dressing out of the bottle is socially unacceptable, so we need something to put it on.

32 Likes

But then they throw the extra lettuce back in with the “fresh” lettuce. That’s food cross-contamination right there, and one of the biggest reasons I stopped going to Subway.

(The other reasons were, in order: Food tastes like shit, restaurants with fake bread smell, and Jared)

10 Likes

A lot of the old Americanized dishes were heavy on ingredients like bean sprouts, onions, and celery with a smattering of meat or seafood, and the sauces were just the liquids from cooking thickened with a cornstarch slurry. You could eat your fill but what you ate wasn’t really high in nutrients, hence feeling hungry not so long after. :slight_smile:
(edit - and MSG helps make you feel sated, too.)

10 Likes
5 Likes

That what those pre-made crudité platters in the supermarkets are for!

1 Like

Jimmy Johns is off my list - the owner is a big game hunter who supports right-to-work and other GOP anti-liberties initiatives:

https://twitter.com/JonahLupton/status/627839729682223104/

19 Likes

No Jimmy Johns for me. Like @Woodchuck45, the guy wants to go back to the 1850’s as far as treating people goes.

9 Likes

That’s a pretty huge shame, i hadn’t heard about the owner. Well i guess i’ll have to frequent Thundercloud Subs more, Jimmy johns has been my go to place since they deliver.

3 Likes

Do they also know Oranjello?

1 Like

I like Jimmy John’s but don’t like their owner at all.

This is a rich kid who was given a business because he was completely unemployable otherwise and couldn’t get into college. Granted, he turned the business around and really made something of it, but he is still a spoiled rich kid at heart.

3 Likes

Not sure, but they seem to know Le-a.

Everyone say it with me:

“The dash don’t be silent.”

1 Like

For a moment I thought that was going to be the southern cliche that whenever snow is predicted everyone runs to the store to stock up on bread, milk, eggs, and toilet paper.

One afternoon I happened to be in the store a few hours before a blizzard was supposed to hit and an English gentleman asked, “Pardon me, do you know where I might find kitty litter?” I told him and then added that it was traditional to stock up on the traditional necessities.

“I’d better get those things as well,” he said. “When in Rome one must do as the Nashvillians do.”

He then walked away leaving me wondering who this magical creature was that had briefly entered our plane of existence.

14 Likes

The Doctor. Clearly

11 Likes