Woman exposes her GQP mind disorder while shutting it down at Trump rally

Originally published at: Woman exposes her GQP mind disorder while shutting it down at Trump rally | Boing Boing

10 Likes

“Demand destruction” is not even registering in her mind. :man_shrugging:

24 Likes

Demand destruction of another sort is the reason it’s not registering in her mind.

19 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb here (twice!)

One: reading out that Google tells him it was demand destruction, probably wasn’t the very best approach. Those GQP types don’t trust big tech, either. Perhaps repeating back to her that she seems to be saying that it was the news of Biden’s election that sent prices up, and then ASKING her if she thought it could also have anything to do with a drastic drop in demand (not ‘demand destruction’ which she probably does not even understand, hence the ‘whatever’) happening as a result of Covid and so many people staying home, not using cars, etc. She might at least have had to think about that question.

Two: that whilst that the above is more like the recommended way to engage such people to help them slowly see flaws in the propaganda bilge they have been fed, it would not have made a blind bit of difference here.

6 Likes

I just know I’m mad about something, I’m just not sure what it is. *G__D_M_IT!!! AAAARRRGHHH!!!

10 Likes

Followed by supply reduction. That won’t register either.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/492262-trump-says-us-will-cut-oil-production-to-secure-global-deal/

12 Likes

I’d use your second point as my first assumption about any MAGAt who’s willing to be on-camera. They’re all write-offs and no amount of “non-violent communication” or reason or logic or explaining things as if to a small child will sway them.

14 Likes

The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

7 Likes

First thing Biden does every day is set the price of gas. :roll_eyes:

21 Likes

Inflation goes hand in hand with capitalism and the free market.

A Hershey’s chocolate bar was only $0.05 in the 1960’s-- is it Biden’s fault it costs more than $1 now?

8 Likes

GQP Lady, STFU!

3 Likes

I’m gonna go with “What is Obama?”, Alex.

7 Likes

I do feel she did pick a bad data point, being well into the Covid lock downs and all.
Here are whole sale gasoline prices for NC by month/year.

You can see the distinct drop when the economy collapses, ie 2008 & 2020 being the recent times. But the economy was doing pretty good from 2015 until Covid, which in this woman’s mind was influenced directly by the President.

1 Like

Isn’t it odd how right-wingers, who supposedly believe in the power and efficiency of free markets, are suprised when the results aren’t what they like?

13 Likes

And hey, good for him too, considering the USA’s gas prices are currently (26-OCT-22) significantly lower than the average worldwide price. ($ 1.062 / L vs. ~$ 1.29 / L.)

11 Likes

21 Likes

grandma, please stop using my posterboard. i need that for school.

8 Likes

You know, the norm. Wake up, raise gas prices, light treason with Hunter, breakfast (devilled eggs with ‘sauce’ from a local pizza place), shoot a few puppies, then off to the Oval Office .

5 Likes

Well, obviously not. But I do believe that during the Obama administration the Onion version of Joe Biden was responsible for setting the gas to grass/ass exchange rate

5 Likes

Life’s events are bewildering to such people in a way different from the way the rest of us are bewildered.

3 Likes