Woman filmed intentionally coughing on shoppers loses her job

3 Likes

To clarify, I am talking about the coughers, spitters, and mask-pullers out there. We’ve seen multiple cases like this in the news since the pandemic started (see below). The “corrective side” should come from a government-run facility, right after the associated assault charges and penalties.

Either way, their employment status is likely to change. There are plenty of organizations they can apply to for help on how to survive in society once they’ve paid their debt to it.

13 Likes

But that would eliminate the poetic justice of a libertarian living in their own world.

8 Likes

So , because no one directly there actually filed a complaint, even though they have video evidence… there’s no crime?

That makes no sense. You can’t kill someone in Nebraska and get away with it because “nobody filed a complaint.” This is the state and the establishment there deciding that this is OKAY to do to people.

9 Likes

Setting aside the whole “punitive vs correctional” thing with US prisons, I basically agree; assault charges should definitely apply.

3 Likes

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If they cough on someone who is immunocompromised, that person can lose their job and even their life. If they go vigilante on someone who ends up losing their job over this, they just made someone else lose access to medical care, housing, food, and so on.

I reserve my sympathy for the innocent.

2 Likes

Yessssssss.

Anyone working for SAP should be fired regardless of their political views. Worst. Software. Ever.

1 Like

Eh.

9 Likes

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.