Woman gets kicked off plane for unusual misdeed: asking to be ignored

Concierge services or service is there to resolve issues with products. For example I can think of one large membership based retailer with a history of very open return policies that had to apply a 90 day return policy to large electronics. But they use a concierge service to help customers resolve issues and navigate repairs

3 Likes

IGNORE ME

8 Likes

Also, this:

3 Likes

Or they played that old seating game and she tried to get in with the first boarders, but when she tried to sit in business class she got herded back to economy… :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Same. I’ve heard of concierge software but never a job title of concierge for a software company.

**goes to check LinkedIn for openings…

1 Like

I feel like the descriptions of her behaviour must be underselling it. Turning a plane around is a very big decision. Getting clearance to land again, re-entering the tower’s airspace and taking more of their resources, finding somewhere on the tarmac to park the plane while they get the stairs (your previous gate will be taken by then and they’re not gonna roll out a jetway for this). Then there’s getting clearance to take off again, taxiing, not to mention the cost in fuel of doing all this, which either eats into the reserve the plane has, or needs topping up again before takeoff. On top of all that, the airline’s schedule at both ends gets all borked up for the rest of the day.

For all of that, the person’s behaviour needs to be pretty damn bad.

11 Likes

Plus pilot hour limits.

From a quick scan, the FAA rules are a 10 hour limit with two pilots. A nine hour flight, plus turnaround, unloading the problem, etc, would be pushing the limit unless the clock stops while they’re on the ground.

2 Likes

Thinking more about this, the fuel situation has another issue- the plane is not meant to land heavy. If they haven’t been in the air very long, my understanding is they have to dump some fuel to land again. Perhaps some pilots can chime in here as I am very far from an expert on this, but I thought I read somewhere that in some cases the plane has to dump fuel because they can’t land fully loaded with it.

3 Likes

From the article, (though not completely clear) it sounds like they were still just taxiing towards the runway, so never actually took off.

5 Likes

Or fly in a pattern to burn it off :confused: But yeah, you’re right, they are made to take off at full weight and land considerably lighter. I think they CAN land full if it was an emergency, but it puts extra stress on the plane and could damage it.

Even that Spirit Airlines that had an engine caught fire was up in the air for 30 min before landing.

1 Like

Oooh, okay, that’s totally different then. Thanks for the clarification!

1 Like

Assholes gonna be assholes.

4 Likes

Don’t know why she’s complaining; she got what she asked for. They didn’t make eye contact with her for the rest of the flight.

8 Likes

Yeah, I’d have thought they’re the one that brings up appropriate StackExchange articles if people really resort to them. Making sure the OCD people can choose from an odd number of energy bars, disambiguate Succession and that more Sci-Fi new S______ show, clean keyboards…

Ah have always found that I can not count on the inflight cocktail service of others.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.