Woman has a meltdown over kebabs

I’m sure half the customers burst out laughing as soon as she left. Running into the door is just too much.

6 Likes

Dear lady,

Get your bloody kids to eat green things, because, you know, in the United States you have to “get it right the first time”. So, don’t blame the restaurant service over your own crushing mistakes.

11 Likes

How is the restaurant able to operate with an inward door? (I suspect bribery.)

2 Likes

Not putting it past people to act like this, but this seems pretty fake. And yes, I’ve worked in both retail and in restaurants. Luckily haven’t experienced people like this.

1 Like

Remove kebab from the premises?

That customer is always white.

13 Likes

Ugly (White) American Strikes Again.

Seems like it might’ve been an act she put on so she could get the food for free.

3 Likes

This is exactly my thought whenever I see someone like this. It’s the dark, dark umbra of that famous truth: ‘Wherever you go, there you are’.

1 Like

Christ, what an asshole.

4 Likes

Is melanin or a lack thereof really a significant factor here?

1 Like

Not necessarily, but there is a chance that her position of white, physically “attractive” privilege has shaped her world-view into one where abuse of those she considers to be her inferiors is warranted/justified.

8 Likes

I can’t answer for milliefink, but since I made a “white people (eyeroll)” joke right before millie’s comment, I can offer you how I interpret it.

“white” and “white people,” when used in conversational/joking situations, can often be a shorthand or standin for “white culture.” That is, it matters little what the person looks like, rather it is more a summary of their behavior and the values that are intuited to underlie such behavior. Studies of “cultural whiteness” have been a legit area of academic inquiry for decades. In this specific instance, the rude woman’s demands that “the customer is always right” and that the staff speak English are particularly suggestive that she is a proponent of “White Culture.”

8 Likes

I didn’t get a good look at her face… could it be Ann Coulter?

Yeah, it kinda is; her apparent xenophobia with her “this is America” and “speak English” comments are pretty racist.

Aside; “the customer is always right” is an expression that had led to a serious deterioration of civility. I’m a big fan of “firing” customers like this.

6 Likes

Her kids don’t eat green things? Yay for her! First person to raise kids that don’t eat their own bogies!

3 Likes

Since she started out inside the restaurant, I’ll assume she’s not practicing double standards, but boy did she screw up getting through that door the second time!

No, not the physical fact of melanin deficiency.

There you go, making sense again. I might replace “proponent” with “product,” but then again, both work for me.

6 Likes

To play devil’s advocate, her child/children could be Autistic. My son is, and has food sensory issues. Colors and tastes can have a completely different affect on someone who is Autistic, then to us neurotypical types. I would argue that Mom wasn’t mentally prepared to take care of such children, and it leaves her feeling powerless in life, as it can be a daily struggle just to make sure the child gets the nutrition and calories that they need. The Mom’s severely poor choice of behavior show’s more that she’s very stressed and needs help. Of course, she has to recognize that about herself if she wants things to change for the better.

5 Likes

even so, that’s no excuse for that kind of behaviour/racist language.

6 Likes

That’s a very emphatic empathetic take. Thanks for sharing.

EDIT - my poor diction is showing.

1 Like