Woman doesn't want to leave Red Lobster

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/12/woman-doesnt-want-to-leave-r.html

5 Likes

I bet the fuller context went something like “Rappers get to use that word ALL THE TIME but when I use it JUST TWICE to the waitstaff I’m suddenly an ‘unruly bigot’ and am forcibly ejected from the Red Lobster.”*

(*Joke stolen from Ken White)

16 Likes

Imagine wanting Red Lobster this badly.

44 Likes

Should’ve called the cops to eject the patron but who knows how long that wait would’ve been, still would look better than have employees force a customer out. I don’t know how to describe how i feel when i see people acting like children over the lockdown, certainly not surprised or disappointed… whats a long german word for feeling nothingness or existential dead? That.

Edit: There we go

12 Likes

I don’t think this is a good example of social distancing.

16 Likes

Social punting

7 Likes

I’m quarantining in Tijuana, and although I can get some very tasty fish or shrimp soups, I’d definitely smack somebody if it resulted in some fried cod and potato wedges with vinegar. :man_shrugging:

/s

4 Likes

More details:

Nicole Bott, director of communications for Golden Gate Capital, provided this statement regarding Sunday’s incident:

“We understand that we may have disappointed some of our guests on Mother’s Day when due to COVID-19 and changes to our operations and staffing, we were not able to keep up with the demand at some of our locations. We apologize that some of our guests experienced long wait times, crowds, and in some cases, did not receive their orders. It is always our goal to provide our guests with a great seafood experience, and unfortunately, for some guests, we did not meet that goal on Sunday. We are working to better understand what occurred and how we can prevent it occurring in the future. That said, we do not tolerate violence for any reason in our restaurants. We expect our team members treat our guests with respect, and we expect our guests to treat our team members with respect in return. We are grateful our Manager and the guest involved were not seriously injured in the incident on Sunday.”

12 Likes

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/10/us/ice-cream-shop-closes-employee-harassment-trnd/index.html

Things got so bad at the Polar Cave Ice Cream Parlour in Mashpee that an employee quit the same day.

“One of my best workers quit yesterday at the end of her shift. She stuck it through her shift,” owner Mark Lawrence told CNN affiliate WFXT. “But the words she was called and the language, you wouldn’t even say in a men’s locker room. And to say it to a 17-year-old kid, they should be ashamed of themselves.”

26 Likes

Amateur hour to be honest. It’s like trying to go out to eat on Valentine’s Day or similar holidays. Of course it’s going to be busy, and with COVID precautions it goes without saying that going out to eat is likely a miserable experience. Honestly it’s much less stressful going to a park, campground or backyard and grilling or doing a picnic, or having a nice dinner/lunch at home. But you know, common sense being a super power and all.

17 Likes

“Elsewhere in York County, cars were backed up along Route 30 to pick up food at the Olive Garden in West Manchester Township.”

6 Likes

10 Likes

'Murica!

1 Like

Woman doesn’t want to leave Red Lobster

Honestly, who does? Have you even tried their cheddar biscuits?

12 Likes

Oh man, I had enough trouble trying to order a burrito on Cinco de Mayo, I can only imagine what crazed Mother’s Day patrons were like. I had to cancel my order and go to another restaurant, the wait was so long. Still no refund, can’t wait to sort that out.

1 Like

I’m from York, PA and my parents still live there. Red Lobster and Olive Garden are pretty much it for dining establishments. There are some smaller Italian restaurants but the Olive Garden routinely gets voted “best Italian”.

9 Likes

I work for Whole Foods and we’ve been having similar problems recently. People have had enough, Nerves are frayed. They are anxious, worried, scared, angry, depressed, etc… Ah well…

I have to wonder though,Is Red Lobster worth it? :thinking:

14 Likes

lol…I was thinking the same thing. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Happy Mother’s Day!

2 Likes

Uh … no.

8 Likes