Woman records her dinner date with a creepy "nice guy"

Good thing she got herself away. The …guy is overtly not looking to enter any kind of friend zone.

5 Likes

Ah! Thanks! Capitalism did it!

9 Likes

Read Taraji P Henson GIF by HULU

8 Likes

I haven’t been on a first date in over 40 years. I still don’t always know what my wife wants after those 40 years, though I think I’m getting better at it. But Jeezus, what kind of a douche decides what their date is going to have for dinner?

1 Like

This guy:

-hSGkBNo_400x400

12 Likes

Oh no. A woman has a body part! How dare she show it off! The HARLOT! /s

23 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new winner of the “Failure to read the room” prize.

20 Likes

If you click on the link provided in the original post above, it’s still the same: a brief look at the entire woman sitting down, then the conversation itself occurs with the camera pointed down, not showing either person.

So either you are lying in a pathetic attempt to demean the woman, or you think it’s funny to talk about ‘boobs’ in the internet.

Which is it?

12 Likes

After his tone when he said he wasn’t going to let her embarrass him by paying for herself, I’m surprised she was willing to go to her car with him. That went from creepy to overtly threatening.

12 Likes

I guess the same kind that stares at her boobs?

19 Likes

I was waiting for someone to reference him. It was the second thing I thought about (after my initial WTAF wore off).

10 Likes

And in all fairness, Mike Damone’s dating advice was “When ordering food, find out what she wants then order for both of you. It’s a classy move.”

9 Likes

I was going to mention that Ratner asks Stacy and then orders for both of them. It’s forgiveable for a teenager who is trying to appear adult-like in 1982.

ETA: date of movie

8 Likes

Still, he is the prototypical creepy guy, who sees himself as a “nice guy.”

ETA: And the “When it comes to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV.” advice is great, especially since Ratner ends up playing Kashmir, from side 2 of Physical Graffiti.

9 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Dangerous Dates: Fact, Fiction, or Documentary?

Don’t get why she calls him a “nice guy”. Did he call himself that? He is just an asshole and I doubt he thinks he even thinks he is a nice guy. He doesn’t care and think he can manipulate women with displays of “dominance” and “negging”. He probably shows contempt towards the idea of a “nice guy” too.

He doesn’t like her paying because he can’t make her feel she owes him sex.

I’d say he is the type of guy who thinks nice guys are losers.

Did you actual read the thread, where we’ve discussed at length the term, how it’s used, who uses it, and both negative and positive connotations?

Plenty of dudes believe themselves to be “nice guys” and do shit like this. There is a subreddit about it:

Buzzfeed often has listicles about it:

And MOST importantly here, women deal with guys all the time who claim they are “nice guys” and act JUST LIKE this guy here.

22 Likes

At this point, "I’m a Nice Guy!" is right up there with “Some of My Best Friends Are Black!”

25 Likes

Holy moly. So many red flags in that reddit post. First off, it’s so frustrating that they think us “modern women” think we’re better than everyone else instead of realizing that since we can sign for our own loans and have bank accounts and jobs nowadays, we don’t need to put up with the same kind of shitty treatment we did historically. WTH?
Also, so critical of women not recognizing the flawed characters of the “Brads” they date, but giving the “nice guys” a total pass - why would you keep showering someone with gifts and kindness if they were so shallow as he describes? (Note - I don’t believe either of those statements, but it shows his utter bias and how it’s always the women’s fault.)

20 Likes