Watch this live TV reporter respond to a random creep who attempts to kiss her

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/25/watch-this-live-tv-reporter-re.html

4 Likes

Not sure if he’s being rapey or playing a prank to get on camera. I’m sure millions of women are really sick and tired of this kind of bullshit though.

9 Likes

Now I just WONDER why the sound cuts out where it does. Any lip readers?

2 Likes

I think its because she was pointing the mic at the douche instead of talking into it.

4 Likes

Roger that! Creep needs to lose a few teeth too.

5 Likes

Brazilian TV channel, in Russia, castigating interloper in English.

9 Likes

I blame globalism!

3 Likes

She was civil and didn’t even seem to cuss him out. In my casual lip reading, I’m getting that she said:
Don’t you ever do this! Okay? Don’t ever do that. Never do that. Never do this to a woman! Okay? Respect. (and, some exasperated word here)

7 Likes

What! It was a gesture of admiration! She should be flattered!

(Does anybody even try that defense any more?)

2 Likes

All I can say is that if so, it exhibits an amazing degree of self-control. I’m petty sure that if it were my daughter or SO that microphone would need some serious decontamination before anyone used it again.

6 Likes

What surprises me is that he apparently stayed nearby, rather than running off into the masses.

1 Like

yeah - that was “mother fucker”

and I know you read it

3 Likes

17 Likes

Whether or not the purpose of this act was getting on camera, it was rapey (or sexual assaulty if you want to get technical, :roll_eyes:). Intent isn’t magic.

Note: the intent of this comment was not to criticize you, but to use your comment as a springboard. However, as i said …

12 Likes

No, there’s a definite click and significant drop in the volume including background noise. I think the camera person or sound engineer turned off her mic because she was done with her spot.

1 Like

You drink vodka. I have.

I can think of this one guy… but he’s a politician now, and not a reality TV show host / beauty pageant runner / real estate mogul anymore, so I’m sure his act has been cleaned up.

9 Likes

Or, they knew what was possibly about to be said and didn’t want it going out live.

2 Likes

You can hear what she says clearly if you turn the volume up. Just remember to turn it down again afterwards.

1 Like

Her creep avoidance reflexes are strong, that kiss attempt missed by inches.

1 Like