Woman sets fire to video gambling machine, subsequently shot by another person who wanted to keep playing

Originally published at: Woman sets fire to video gambling machine, subsequently shot by another person who wanted to keep playing | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Texas really wants to be Florida, doesn’t it?

33 Likes

They’re Sister States, it’s envy & jealousy, not in a good way either.

17 Likes

“The Aristocrats!”

17 Likes

This is one of the most Texas things I’ve ever heard about Texas.

22 Likes

The only way to stop this sort of thing is to arm the slot machines.

32 Likes

Freedoms!

5 Likes

They already have one-armed bandits

25 Likes

The woman who set the machine on fire was clearly rioting. As the Ritenhouse trial proves, shooting rioters is completely legal. I think Matt Gaetz is about to get a new intern.

23 Likes

Maybe that’s why so many Texans want to secede - they know they can never be in first place in a federation of states that includes Florida. :wink:

Damn - and I see @NukeML beat me to the comment about one-armed bandits.

5 Likes

23 Likes

Gamblin’n’gunz, a marriage made in, uh…I don’t know.

4 Likes

At least someone is a sore loser…

3 Likes

Can we build a wall around texas? have we reached peak texas yet?

1 Like

So tell me again how an armed society is a polite one. /s

11 Likes

How about we just sell it back to Mexico with a long lease on Austin.

10 Likes

This feels like Peak America.

Let’s face it, “Florida” is just synecdoche for all of America.

8 Likes

I thought you had to check your guns before entering the saloon in the olde west.

7 Likes

Vegas?

2 Likes

Yes.

Laws regulating ownership and carry of firearms, apart from the U.S. Constitution’s Second Amendment, were passed at a local level rather than by Congress. “Gun control laws were adopted pretty quickly in these places,” says Winkler. “Most were adopted by municipal governments exercising self-control and self-determination.” Carrying any kind of weapon, guns or knives, was not allowed other than outside town borders and inside the home. When visitors left their weapons with a law officer upon entering town, they’d receive a token, like a coat check, which they’d exchange for their guns when leaving town.

10 Likes