Woman suing US Gov't for body cavity search and bill for $575

She’s not a fetus, after all.

14 Likes

I guess I led the charge. So whose “I” is more “TM?” I wonder? :scream:

Nice to know there are other people out there who have extra reasons for being greatly pissed off at this kind of thing, along with the usual normal reasons for being greatly pissed off at this kind of thing.

6 Likes

Oh, that explains it . . .

3 Likes

The doctors should have their licenses yanked.

5 Likes

Jesus doesn’t like abortions, but has no issues with forced cavity searches!

4 Likes

You’re not wrong, but consider too the doctors who, directly or indirectly assist in death penalty cases. They’ve sworn an oath that promises to do no harm, yet in this case it’s exactly the point of what they’re doing. And again, the alternative is to use untrained uniforms to do the dirty work inatead.

3 Likes

When the politicians say, “let’s call this campaign a war!”, they clearly mean to make it more appealing to people. And some people really like calling it that. 150 years of not having enemy guns and uniforms on our shores tends to make people forget what it’s like to be on the receiving end of such a war.

5 Likes

Skip the PVA glues and instead dump them in a vat of polyurethane glue (e.g. Gorilla Glue). The tenacity of that stuff on skin makes even waterproof PVA seem like hand lotion by comparison.

3 Likes

Maricopa would find a way.

3 Likes

Story should include names of all medical professionals involved. Losing licenses is the least of it, there should be criminal rape charges, permanent registry as a sex offender, etc. Following orders is never an excuse for anything, period.

15 Likes

… not sure of your logic here – we legalized alcohol, and it’s involved in half of the rapes. How soon do we forget brock?

I had assumed that the NM hospital – the Gila Regional Medical Center – was uniquely bad. Their medical culture is such that their ENT surgeon (Twana Sparks) has a hobby of sexually molesting patients, and doodling on their bodies with felt-pens, while they’re under anaesthetic. I do not know how well they are doing with their business model of forcibly performing colonoscopies and then charging for them, but they have the advantage of no competition.

Perhaps it is not the worst clown-car in the parade after all.

5 Likes

Not the HFCS! There are standards!

3 Likes

If drugs weren’t illegal, they wouldn’t have been looking for them inside the girl… nvm if you’re trolling

4 Likes

In most places – perhaps all – doctors do not aid in death penalty cases (directly, “indirectly” is a rather broad word, so it can probably mean whatever). They usually get a nurse or medical technician or someone else who hasn’t taken the Hippocratic oath.

3 Likes

Not trolling, but I’m a bit confused by the article. The headline says “cavity search,” but the text describes visual inspections from a squatting position and X-rays.

I thought the term “cavity search” usually implied some kind of penetration or more invasive procedure?

I believe it was as the end of the story where it was written. Hope this helps:

Probing seems like a digital exam to me.

5 Likes

Sorry – missed that.

2 Likes

Cop math. They figured if you got an x-ray in a back alley it would cost at least that much. Plus they had to make it worth their time (it’s hard work dragging women off the street against their will and sticking fingers inside of them, you think people do that for free?)

1 Like

I for one welcome our medical violation in search of rare hardwoods, poorly tagged cargo, imbalanced freight, vegetables intended for first class mail, and unapproved neural implants, of last week. Because this is the Silicon Valley of unlawful preadjudication. Only Cervantes has had to ask. Super looking forward to the chemical better living happening to the walking procedures who thought that search was $575 well billed. I was thinking hardy transformative plantings rather than gluey dosing/drowning, but the sentences have to close sooner than later.

15 Likes