Woman who is refused cigarette lights man's car on fire

So why was she asking for a cigarette? She had it the whole time! Madness.

1 Like

Evidence of advanced planning: anticipating her upcoming lack of cigarette, she pre-emptively and pro-actively executed a plan to rectify said situation.

5 Likes

Israeli drivers are aggressive and drive like lunatics. The joke in the general Jewish community is that the reasons why Israelis settle in NYC, LA, Boston, San Fran, and DC is that they find the general driving cultures in those cities to be familiar, but not as aggressive and more polite. shudder

2 Likes

4 Likes

Shouldn’t we really be putting the blame where it belongs?

Everybody knows that Beyonce is actively trying to bring an end to humanity.

1 Like

Typo… “he denied her request to give him a cigarette.” should be give HER a cigarette. :innocent:

That also applies to dynamite tamping irons piercing your brain.

3 Likes

I wonder if she was too dumb to realize or just didn’t care that gas stations have security cameras?

And I’ve been putting out the fire with gasoline
See these eyes so red
Red like jungle burning bright

ETA: Apparently there was a passenger in the car and he pulled the nozzle out before the combustion reached into the tank, so probably the right move after all. News reports say the fire was extinguished by the station staff. Apparently the arrested woman denies any wrong-doing.

how many people have to die in freak gasoline fight accidents?!?! education is the only answer. we need to teach people to read and do other stuff good too.

3 Likes

I blame Hollywood…

14 Likes

Cigarette smokers are weird (no really, you are). I can’t think of anything else I could have on me that a random stranger would feel perfectly comfortable bumming off me. Unless it was an actual bum asking for a dollar.

Maybe that’s the result of being ostracized by the rest of society. You form unspoken bonds with your fellow smokers that make it easier to bear that isolation by sharing cigarettes with each other.

Kind of nice actually. Maybe I’ll start smoking.

8 Likes

That’s actually a big reason why I continued smoking all the way through college.

Completely comfortable and friendly: “Hey there can I bum a smoke?.. So what do you do for a living…” *3 weeks later you’re going steady or good friends*

Super awkward and weird: “Hi, I saw you across the courtyard, and wanted to say hi because you look like a potential mate I could have sex with. Also, not this courtyard. The one on the other side of campus because you didn’t notice me and so I followed you to class trying to think up something clever to say.”

Yeah, I kept smoking through college because it has a built in social group, is a reliable ice breaker, and because I’m also addicted to nicotine.

9 Likes

I think I’m going to try something similar with alcohol:

“Hi there! Can I have a sip of your drink?” “Sure, slurp away! I’m Becky, by the way…save me some, please.”

7 Likes

The recapture devices, Stage II, are being phased out in many states:

In the 1990s, The United States Clean Air Act (CAA) required many
ozone nonattainment areas to adopt Stage II Vapor Recovery systems at
their gasoline-dispensing facilities (GDF). Beginning in 1998, the CAA
also required vehicle-makers to add onboard refueling vapor recovery
(ORVR) systems for capturing gasoline vapors during refueling to all
automobiles and light- and medium-duty cars, vans and trucks. Since
2006, all new vehicles and trucks have been equipped with ORVR systems.

In large part because of the positive impacts ORVR
systems have had on the reduction of harmful fugitive emissions during
refueling, on May 16, 2012, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
(EPA) issued a final ruling stating that since ORVR is now in widespread
use, all states and regions with Stage II Vapor Recovery programs in
place for ozone nonattainment areas have the option of removing these
programs from their state implementation plans (SIPs). In order to
approve the SIP revision, the EPA requires the state or region to
produce a technical demonstration showing that removing a Stage II Vapor
Recovery systems will not adversely impact air quality.

2 Likes
1 Like

People have thought so for centuries.

4 Likes

Is it too late to tell her she can save 75% on a vaping bundle?

7 Likes

Er, I am not a mythbuster, but can that happen? I thought getting gas tanks to explode like on TV was pretty difficult.

1 Like

A social group - WITH CANCER!!!

2 Likes