Woman with wet hair walks outside in the midwest, hair freezes

Looks like she’s having fun too.

4 Likes

'cause…

How else is she going to get in anime?

7 Likes

I grew up around DC, and I can remember my hair froze on my head once, waiting for the school bus. How cold does it have to be? Zero F? It doesn’t get that cold any more.

1 Like

Got to see a comrade’s steel helmet freeze-fuse with his beloved, permed hair once. Dude was under the shower when the alarm sounded.
Must’ve been about -20° C or so. Standing guard was okay, we had proper clothing. But riding standing up in the roof hatch of a lorry really chilled you down good.

8 Likes

Try telling that to the 10 folks who’ve died of exposure.

4 Likes

Yes, I was using “doesn’t” in a rather broad and imprecise way. Also talking about the weather in DC. You got me.

12 Likes

I didn’t properly dry my beard this morning and it froze. At least I could brush it off with my hand.

1 Like

They’ll find you in your car/ hands stuck to the steering wheel…

Winter, I found you out/ how you can be so cruel…

3 Likes

I get that all the time even if I set out with a dry beard - after half an hour outside, breath condenses and freezes until my beard and moustache are caked in ice.

2 Likes

C’mon people, you’re slacking. I log on and not one single picture of Heat Miser!

5 Likes

These would be the perfect final words for humanity. It says it all, really.

Yup.

5 Likes

Bully for her; it was still a dumb, needless risk* to take for no apparent reason, other than attention seeking.

*risk factor is never 0% in life

You have a nice day now.

2 Likes

1 Like

It takes 2 minutes to get to my bus stop… but then Maryland…

mdweather

7 Likes

If you get your fill of Natasha, scroll to 18:20 for John Candy.

I think there are plenty of (otherwise, I guess?) not stupid people who would try this just for fun regardless of posting it on social media. I count myself among them! Thank you in advance for your opinion of me.

8 Likes

As someone who has long hair and lives in a cold climate (it was -35C here on Weds morning) I have my hair freeze pretty much every day in winter. I shower in the morning and can’t be bothered to whip out the hair dryer. I’ve been doing it since high school (I’m now 42) and have yet to have any negative results from doing so. You may find it weird, but I actually think it’s cool when my hair freezes.

In this case, her hair probably froze almost instantly, and upon returning to a warm indoor would have thawed equally quickly.

7 Likes

Good for you; stay safe.

3 Likes

“Shut the damn door, we’re not paying to heat the whole neighborhood! Do you think I’m made of money?”

– My dad

23 Likes