Women are fleeing Donald Trump's Republican party in droves, and the GOP has no idea what to do about it

Yup.

OTOH, the GOP did take the majority of the white women’s vote, just as they had the majority of every other “white x” category.

It appears that race trumps gender in US politics. This interaction of race and gender is not new; the US suffragette movement was overtly racist in many areas.

http://www.racismreview.com/blog/2014/02/18/trouble-with-white-feminism/

8 Likes

“What’s more, top GOP strategists who’ve spent years cultivating the woman vote admit that they have no idea what to do about it.”

“… no idea.” Right. As if a strategy involving distraction, diversion, fake-news-claims, disparagement, outright lies, white-washing, what-about-ery, and dirty tricks are now off the GOP strategists’ tables. Still in their playbook is the always reliable ‘wedge issue’ and – now – ‘support your party’ plea. No idea? My ass. In my opinion, Dem strategists should assume that an “admission” of weakness by their GOP counterparts is meant to put them to sleep. Experienced strategists are highly paid, and they won’t just walk away from a challenge; it’s their livelihood.

That’s my rant for today. It’s back to my pumpkin pie. Happy T-day, everyone.

9 Likes

I saw an interview with Ta-Nehisi Coates about Trump’s win where he admitted he had thought Trump wouldn’t win and had kicked himself after for it. Of course it wasn’t that he thought people wouldn’t vote for a person who was racist and misogynist. He said he thought there would be a certain amount of “white self-preservation”. Putting Trump in charge of nuclear diplomacy reflects a death wish of sorts.

3 Likes

Absolutely. And the founding documents don’t give them either. They acknowledge that we have them, and forbid their infringement.

2 Likes

I think they know what to do about it. Grope their bottoms on the way out, just for old time’s sake.

2 Likes

Look up Andrea Dworkin’s Right-wing Women for thoughts.

1 Like

When you’re a rich woman (or the wife of a rich guy) and your primary self interest is staying rich & getting richer, you’ll vote for the party that takes care of rich people, even if its led by rapists who delight in taking away your birth control and the control of your own body.

4 Likes

If you are rich and things look like they will get too bad then you can easily leave the country and find somewhere else that isn’t as bad. It’s the working classes who will suffer, just like always.

11 Likes

Besides, when have the rich ever had a problem getting things everyone else has been denied? A little problem like the legality of something is hardly an issue when you have enough money.

8 Likes

GOP women are always turning their backs on the party up to the point of casting their votes.
So this story is BS till the 2018 election although the 2017 elections are, I’ll admit, suggestive. But still; time will tell.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.