Women claim to have attended parties with cocaine, ecstasy, and Matt Gaetz

I see your Boogie Nights pool scene, and raise you the storyline of Detective Ani Bezzerides in the second season of True Detective.

2 Likes

1 Like

It’s the hypocrisy that cheeses me off.

3 Likes

And every 1990s afterschool special.

2 Likes

I hate to be the guy to say something nice about Gaetz, but at least on the hypocrisy level: he’s a cosponsor on the federal bill to decriminalize marijuana and expunge records for low-level related offenses.

He’s doing that for himself.

12 Likes

Whenever illegal stimulants are involved, headline writers leap to the conclusion that they are “fueling” the activities. Why do we never read about healthy fuel.

The sexual abuse was fueled by kale and fresh clean water.

Half of that is for pink cursive on a pink background, the other half is what she proposes we replace families (biological or otherwise) with?

4 Likes

“Gangs.”

self organizing groups of feral children.

2 Likes

Fagin would appprove…

3 Likes

Your tax dollars at work (probably)

1 Like

Are you seriously claiming you don’t understand that the point of this is the GOP’s own flaming hypocrisy and the allegations against Gaetz and his frat buddies of statutory rape of minors? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

The reporting on Gaetz never fails to put my gag reflex to the test.

4 Likes

I don’t doubt it, really, but it’s still beneficial to everyone, so his motives are secondary. Now if he could be convinced to pursue wider decriminalization out of ‘self interest’…

I just always think of him as the guy who really kicked off his national political spotlight by inviting a Holocaust denier as his +1.

1 Like

He also co-sponsored a bill requiring drug screenings for Floridian families seeking temporary public assistance.

Clearly he only wants to decriminalize drug use for people like himself while ensuring any poor kid unlucky enough to have a drug-using parent goes hungry.

16 Likes

Wow this thread has 2 days to go … time flows weird these days.

My question that I have not heard answered is: Is it legal to transport women of age of consent for paid sex across international boarders or is it an issue of whether it is legal at the destination?

This story is an entangled mess of allegations of illegal activities, immoral activities, unethical activities, hypocritical activities and probably some legal activities. All of which are stuck together with some gooey substance made by Matt Gaetz. I see some reports and I have no clue which category they are in. For example using campaign funds to pay for his defence.

1 Like

Is it really necessary to categorize them in that way? All of these allegations paint a picture of the kind of person Gaetz is.

1 Like
4 Likes

No it is not. It is much more you get “shocking, breaking, other, development” and one small aspect is presented. At that point my brain asks the question. Usually it has been “is that legal” where I assume it is not.

@prooftheory yes the transport of a minor is illegal. But the flight to the Caribbean event was filled with with assertions of “we were all of legal age” So while he is a disgusting individual and had previously trafficked her as a minor: if they are not all lying, is bringing your paid 18 year old for sex illegal or just not right.

I am not a lawyer, but prostitution is illegal in Florida, and I would assume that, if the women were paid for sex in Florida, that would still run afoul of Floridian law even if the actual sex took place in another jurisdiction.

1 Like