Wonder Woman, live action (very) short film

I detected Wacker Drive in Chicago.

The Dark Knight hangs out on the next block on LaSalle.

A short film, and one that would be even shorter if it wasnā€™t shot in gratuitous and unnecessary slo-mo.

Also, Iā€™ll refrain from saying ā€œshe throws like a girlā€, but seriously, if youā€™re going to have a character throw a spear, either find an actress who can throw a spear, or get a stunt double in there, because that just looks ridiculous.

3 Likes

Would I see a full-length Wonder Woman movie if this short film was a trailer for it? Hmm, maybe? But it would be a shame to have a Wonder Woman movie that failed the Bechdel test. Letā€™s not make it all ā€œsheā€™s a woman fighting in a manā€™s world!!!ā€ Iā€™d be content with action movies that continue to have a male lead, if there were also female accomplices and villains that brought something to the plot and were not all about sex appeal.

2 Likes

I donā€™t like it. I had to stop when they slow-moā€™d the one Amazonian tossing of a spear 6 whole inches to Wonder Woman. I prefer when they slo-mo the interesting complex bits of action. Also, I donā€™t buy that any of those woman know how to throw a punch.

Leave the Kraken alone!

1 Like

Iā€™d rather see this as a feature length movie than Affleck in yet another Batman reboot.

2 Likes

According to a couple of coworkers who watched the pilot, trading actresses might have helped a lot, too.

1 Like

They clearly selected the actress based on her looks and figure rather than on her athletic prowess. In that respect itā€™s typical and typically discouraging.

1 Like

What about Affleck as Wonder Woman?

3 Likes

I enjoyed the makerā€™s fantasy.

Whatā€™s this one?

3 Likes

And I still like this one :smile:

2 Likes

And this cosplay by Meagan Marie is my favorite of all

4 Likes

Wow! Great interpretation! I love how battle-worn it looks.

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s not all about cleavage and uselessness, for a change.

1 Like

This year Iā€™m making a Venetian Carnival version of Wonder Woman; The only skin showing will be some neck and the tips of my fingers. Perfect for Canadian fall weather.

1 Like

Yeah, point. But I still appreciate the attention to detail (lots of cosplayers make very prisitne armours that look completely unused), even though the actual source material is totally illogical.

1 Like

I would love to see that.
I would not pay, but I would love to see it.

I agree, itā€™s the best interpretation of WW Iā€™ve seen.

I was thinking of Gina Carano the whole time, check her out in haywire, its not the best movie ever but she does a great job carrying it.
I have no idea what language this clip is dubbed in, trust me, it doesnā€™t matter.