Wondering if someone is a narcissist? Just ask them

The one thing that keeps me from falling into that trap is my interests are pretty varied. I often have one main hobby, but several other interests. I would say the worst I ever was towards a mono-hobby was when I was into paintball. But even then I enjoyed other things. In fact I cemented several industry friends due to our mutual interests outside of paintball.

And as for my name, I had this since at least 1996. Many years before I actually owned a gun. It was based more on vampires and goth stuff.

Well my initial example was ALL the different foodie types, and then examples of several other hobbyist, from pot heads to ā€œSports fans, car people, gun people, gamers, etcā€

1 Like

HEY thereā€™s nothing wrong withā€¦uhā€¦gamers.

But do vegans have to be vegan every time we go out for a meal or invite them over?

2 Likes

Look, Iā€™m not the one ā€œgatheringā€ inflammatory crazy talk in the guise of tearing down someone you disagree with.

Your quickly-escalating remarks made it sound like you had very peculiar notions of the boundaries between good-natured ribbing between friends, hateful bullying and possibly hate crime (ā€œperpetrated?ā€ really?), so itā€™s not exactly the kind of thing conducive to further debate.

But then I remembered you were the one who casually, weirdly, had this to add to a soap and deodorant discussion:

So mild joking about vegans being talky = unacceptable, hurtful stereotyping, but a blanket, deadpan statement about non-vegans stinking of death = just fine?

Let me know if my rampant habit of forming assumptions from little information is getting the better of me, but Iā€™m guessing now your fight-picking attitude didnā€™t come from an anti-humor politically correct bore worldview after all.

You were apparently just offended about a personally sensitive subject, and since that was never my intention I apologize.

Truce?

Sort of stalkerish there, and a weird way to declare a truce (meat eaters do smell different to me) but whatever, Iā€™m not in a battle here. Truce, peace, etc.

I just wear my narcissist-mollifying armor so they see what they want to seeā€¦

Iā€™m sure you could dress it up with a Harris Tweed kilt and not only will narcissists treat you better, theyā€™ll be amazed how dapper and Celtic they look around you.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.